Comments about new design here

james

Administrator
Staff member
hi,

further to the design switch today, pls add your comments here. pls keep relevant. if you haven't yet read the announcement, pls do so (at the top of every forum page).

tks

Looks great, James.

My only recommendation would be to reduce the padding on the News/Club News/Podcast line so that it takes up a little less space, thus less scrolling.

Edit: and you need to fix either the cookies or the page refresh string or something. You often have to load a page then reload it to get to its current state (read/unread threads, latest posts, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, James.

My only recommendation would be to reduce the padding on the News/Club News/Podcast line so that it takes up a little less space, thus less scrolling.

Edit: and you need to fix either the cookies or the page refresh string or something. You often have to load a page then reload it to get to its current state (read/unread threads, latest posts, etc.)

Ditto. The refresh thing is annoying :spank:
Looks great though.

Hi

initial thoughts. I like the more centralised, integrated feel. Overall colours seem fresher and it's good to give greater prominence to the podcast. However, I think there are too many text options when users need to have easy, instant links to the main fields. Ibiza News, Club News and Spotlight Podcast should perhaps all be hyperlinked in bigger fonts to recent archives with most recent appearing at top maybe?

the orange bar looks a bit too easyjet perhaps? maybe a different (multi?) colour scheme would work better with so many categories, although the respective fields related to clubbing, accomodation and general tourism could be merged to make it easier for people to initially identify what they are after and then bring in the sub-menus once they're in? Otherwise perhaps a bit cluttered at the top as it stands?

on a less important aesthetic level, I would introduce more classic imagery as a backdrop (although ensuring it didn't interfere with core information) obvious stuff like sunsets, whitewashed buildings etc perhaps using flash? (+ sounds of crashing waves or a guitar or the blow monkeys passionara every time you change menu?)

generally though, a noticeable improvement on before.

I dont like change very much so dont see why something that wasnt broken had to be fixed.

IMO there is now too much script on the page and looks cluttered. Would agree with Olly on his viewpoints.

On a constructive point maybe the links to information at the bottom of the page in blue could be underlined for more definition.

I would also switch the Spotlight home tab to the left of the page and bring the Switch Forum to the right.

I would urge against adding flash animations and sounds. They are almost always annoying- although a renewed banner on the top could help.

Overall its a nice change. I had forgotten that there was Ibiza news on this site.

tks for feedback all,

i've set the style as default for the time being to avoid the annoying switching - was happening for me too.

have changed the top menu to put spotlight first and underlined the footer links. am going over the other feedback as well.

cheers

i do appreciate the space issue at the top, am looking at ways to reduce clutter

have changed the top menu to put spotlight first
If you're going to be moving those around, I'd put Ibiza Guide second after Spotlight... it's year-round (unlike party calendar), it applies to everybody (not just clubbers) and it leads to a lot of info we get asked questions about.

all i got was back on sunday box up.untill i clicked on a page.thought you was still off line sorting site out.

one of the reasons for the change is that many visitors to the forums don't realise there is another site behind it (selling accommodation, club tickets, having club news and info, etc, etc). in fact one comment here even states that.

also, if anyone has checked it out yet, news article will be integrated more into the forums to enable comments on the news to roll through. i.e. the thread in the forum is linked to the news.

in the german-speaking-forum-part the letters "", "" and ""
dont work anymore ... empty space shows up

new look is good - only the "white stripe" ...
where you can find "ibiza news", "club news" and "spotlight podcast"
... is too white for my taste, looks as if the page hasnt loaded fully.

no that's a problem with the character encoding of the server - i need to fix that, thanks for the heads up icebaer

i can't find that icebaer, for me all accents and umlauts appear correctly can you point me to a particular page pls?

i've add a show/hide feature under the news at the top for logged in users.

if you click hide, then the news is hidden for 2 days before showing again. that way you can see when there are new articles, but save scrolling most of them time.

Edit: it remains hidden for 1 day now. we are publishing something almost every day, this way you don't miss anything :)

Back