COMING FROM LOS ANGELES..NEED ADVICE/HELP..FIRST TIMER!

C

cams

i'm going to ibiza for the first time in my life and it looks like i'm going alone since a lot of my friends can't afford it or can't take the time off.....or simply don't want to spend the money.

so i wanted to know from you experienced people...where to stay...WHEN to go and for HOW LONG????? also, are there any groups from Los Angeles or the west coast that go to Ibiza?? i'm asking because it looks like i'm going by myself....oh well. but i want to go...i'm young but only once.

any help would be much appreciated! thanks again.

in a nutshell: WHEN TO GO
FOR HOW LONG
WHERE TO STAY
ANY GROUPS FROM L.A. OR WEST COAST GOING?
IS GOING ALONE WORTH IT????

I believe I responded to your similar post in another section of this forum, but I will respond to this one too because I am feeling very nice today!

Go anytime from June to September. Opening parties are around the beginning of June. Closing parties are around the end of September. Both of those times I heard are fabulous! August is when I went last time and when I am going again this year with my best friend. July is good too.
So, as you can see, it's really up to you!

Don't go with a tour company type thing to Ibiza (ie:Bring it On etc....) I think those are rip offs anyways! Go it alone. You will meet lots of cool people. You will not be alone for long, unless you are a social phobic and are mute! But, I doubt you are any of those things! Hee! Hee! :lol:

Handle all of the planning and purchasing on your own! I did and I found great deals and info even better then what a travel agent can provide! Use search engines. The internet is your guide to all of you travel needs. Are you going straight form LA to Ibiza? If so, do this! Go to www.Priceline.com enter LA to Barcelona round trip at a very low price and see if you get them. Just be aware that if they have those tickets at that price you MUST purchase them right then. Then go to www.expedia.com and enter Barcelona to Ibiza and I am sure that you will get a great price. I did! Don't take the ferry it takes 9 hours. Compare that to the 45 minute plane ride and you will see that it is worht spending the extra cahs on a plane ticket from Barcelona to Ibiza!

Then all hotels car rental etc... can be booked on line too. Just use search engines to find suitable sites to do so. Rent a car or scooter PLEASE! See the island it is sooooo worth it. I love the music aspect so much, but the culture and people of Ibiza are worth seeing too!

Also, if you need any one to hang out with and are in Ibiza from August 9th to the 14th of August you can chill with us! Godd luck to you and Enjoy! :D

thanks for the info/advice susie. that really helps. i've already found stuff that looks good for hotels and such. yeah the tour stuff i read about doesn't sound to appealing, i'm better off doing it alone.

i'm not sure when i'm going yet, but if i'm there around when you go, i'll
definetely let you know chill with you people if that's cool. thanks!

thanks for the info/advice susie. that really helps. i've already found stuff that looks good for hotels and such. yeah the tour stuff i read about doesn't sound to appealing, i'm better off doing it alone.

Back