Cocoon20 - Discussion thread

I was 18, 19 years old and I had already been going out a lot in Belgian clubs for 2.3 years with older friends, they took me with them in 2002 (some knowing Sven) I was lucky to be invited to some incredible after parties that changed my life, it was incredible! I remember well some places like s'estanyol, sol d'en serra, a few villa parties, one not too far from benirras, thé kave, and the biggest one later in punta arabi ans other places
an amazing time I will never forget ♥️

I can remember going to a couple of Cocoon afters that were done at Space in conjunction with Manumissions Carry On, about 2000/1. At one Sven was playing on the terrace and Danny Rampling and a few other Brit DJ's were moaning that he was playing too hard. He eventually went inside and really went for it for and banged it out (when still playing quite full on)for about 3 hrs and was still going when we left about 1pm. Still one of my favourite sets from him.

So nice to read all the After Hour Stories..
I also look back to them as the best Ibiza Partys i ever witnessed and some of them in the All-Time-Best-List. First time i was lucky enough to attend one was around 2013, next to Es Cavallet, where also Richie Hawtin and Dubfire were playing. Also amazing was the after to the opening which took place at Sal Rossa, so it was literally a rave on the beach, what was quite special and an amazing atmosphere and i met a nice girl there to top it off. Later i attended the second one at Destino. I can't compare it to the first one, but it was so amazing because Sven more or less directly continued after amnesia. In the taxi queue there i met a random guy from madrid and we shared a taxi to destino and were the team for the whole day. We had to wait roughly an hour in the heat of the parking lot before we were allowed in and we were the first to enter. Sven was already playing some ocean-waves-sounds and startet really slow from that to play the whole day.. It was very long altogether with amnesia, everything hurt, but you just couldn't leave...
I think the next one for me was the second one in Benimussa, the one with the rain but also a great vibe. The one at KM5 was the least favorite for me. The intimacy was nice but with that, it just felt a bit to full and people were crossing the dancefloor etc. It may sound weird but also a problem was, that you couldn't really see Sven, because he stood a little lower while playing. It is nice to see him once in a while just to feel his enthusiasm which gets transferred to the crowd.
Just amazing was the ultimate last one in Benimussa. Maybe because you could already feel that it would end and will never comeback in the same way, but also because Sven selected so many nice older tunes which made it super special. To top that off he continued inside, what was almost never the case, so it almost never ended. I think he played some tracks 2-3 times during the whole night, i remember roughly a Funk D'void track, which made it even more hypnotic....
So we look verrrrry much forward to the Catharsis Closing and include in our prayers that it maybe won't end at akasha in the morning....

I can remember going to a couple of Cocoon afters that were done at Space in conjunction with Manumissions Carry On, about 2000/1. At one Sven was playing on the terrace and Danny Rampling and a few other Brit DJ's were moaning that he was playing too hard. He eventually went inside and really went for it for and banged it out (when still playing quite full on)for about 3 hrs and was still going when we left about 1pm. Still one of my favourite sets from him.
That must of been before he threw poo at a bouncer then?

That must of been before he threw poo at a bouncer then?
I remember hearing about that, similar time and I think they started to look elsewhere after that year, obviously through necessity! 🤣 Wish he had thrown it at Rampling, remember thinking what a dick and turned out to be right!

Back