Cocoon In The Park 9th July

Heavy rain in the area today but it has been parched and the ground isn't at all squelchy yet! Currently lovely sunshine with a drying wind, you should be fine:D

Live a few miles away and never been:rolleyes:

Enjoy:D:D

Heavy rain in the area today but it has been parched and the ground isn't at all squelchy yet! Currently lovely sunshine with a drying wind, you should be fine:D

Live a few miles away and never been:rolleyes:

Enjoy:D:D

Thank-you for the update - keep us posted! :)

Getting train down tomorrow. As above, any tips for Friday dinner/Saturday breakfast?

Thank-you for the update - keep us posted! :)

Getting train down tomorrow. As above, any tips for Friday dinner/Saturday breakfast?

More showers overnight but dry right now, overcast and could be more rain.

Eating out, there are a zillion options depending on budget. A reasonable Italian - Cassa Mia in Millennium Square, next door Ha Ha, both indoor or outdoor. Nice food and a good vibe, The Living Room. Cheap and cheerful Las Iguanas (mexican food of sorts). Nice - Browns at The Lights

http://www.iguanas.co.uk/leeds.asp
http://www.thelivingroom.co.uk/venues/leeds/
http://www.casamiaonline.com/
http://www.browns-restaurants.co.uk/locations/leeds/

I would avoid La Tasca (Tapas) - food quality is terrible.

Can't help for breakfast, sure you will see somewhere on your Friday travels.

We need Crispy Duck to do an up to date what's hot and not in Leeds:D

Not good folks, absolutely lashing down and has been for half an hour.

Will deffo be muddy underfoot. All adds to the fun:D

What a day and night!!!! . Weather was alot better than expected. Completely clear skys all day and night and scorchio. Even caught the sun. Missed Troxler but got in the backend of Reboots set. Thought Villalobos and Sven Vath were brilliant. So many happy friendly faces everywhere, everyone was propper going for it!!. Went the afterparty at Mint which Sven Vath come and played till sunrise. Amazing day/night!! roll on CITP 2012

WOWOWOWOOW!!!!

AMAZING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Had the best time, so many happy people, great crowd... best day and night out I have ever had in england bar none...

Gutted we didn't have tickets to the afterparty... spent 2 hours looking for somewhere to go, and it was all crud... definitely go to Mint next year!

love love love Villalobos!!!! :twisted:

:D:D:D:D:D

I love hearing of people having a great time in my home-town. Obviously the crowd is diverse in geological makeup but the people of Yorkshire/ the north are friendly as hell.

Did you try Basics, sophie?

I should be in retirement from clubbing now, but reading these great reports every year I shall have to get my aged ass to CITP 2012 living just down the road.

You guys should think of having a mad weekend in Leeds ad hoc, check the Basics listings to see who is on, book mint hotel for £25 and have a mad one. Deffo check out the Basics birthday party end of November, it is totally off the wall with a mad carry on afterwards.

someone mentioned Basics to us last night, but said it was quite far out... we had been wondering around for about 2 hours, and just paid 12 quid to go into Warehouse, we only had one drink and then left because it was dead and the music was so dull.

So by the time someone told us about Basics we were knakered and out of pocket... great to know for next time!

We had such a good day in leeds today, we walked around the city, shopped and had lunch... its great... I would keep Basics in mind... is it Back to Basics or just Basics??? :D

backtobasics, back2basic, not really mattering. The longest running club night in the country and still mad up for it. Dave Beer the founder is the epitome of clubbing, he is a legend.

Sorry for the thread hijack:oops:

Any pics from the 'do'?

Time spotlight had a photo section??

:D:D:D:D:D

I love hearing of people having a great time in my home-town. Obviously the crowd is diverse in geological makeup but the people of Yorkshire/ the north are friendly as hell.

Did you try Basics, sophie?

I should be in retirement from clubbing now, but reading these great reports every year I shall have to get my aged ass to CITP 2012 living just down the road.

You guys should think of having a mad weekend in Leeds ad hoc, check the Basics listings to see who is on, book mint hotel for £25 and have a mad one. Deffo check out the Basics birthday party end of November, it is totally off the wall with a mad carry on afterwards.

Seconded, Leeds is ace.

We had a night out, train about 6ish from Manchester, really good bars near mint, then mint till 5am, train home to Manc, in bed in Stockport for 8am8)

Mint really is a top club, recommend anyone who can get there goes at some point.

Mint could do with a bit of aircon when it is full to cap in there, as it goes a bit stuffy to say the least.

Amazing club though.

Mint could do with a bit of aircon when it is full to cap in there, as it goes a bit stuffy to say the least.

Amazing club though.

The change it's seen over the last few years has been awesome. I remember I went there on my first night out when i started uni back in 2004. Wouldn't recognise it now. Always was a good little club to venture too if you fancied something different.

What a day and night!!!! . Weather was alot better than expected. Completely clear skys all day and night and scorchio. Even caught the sun. Missed Troxler but got in the backend of Reboots set. Thought Villalobos and Sven Vath were brilliant. So many happy friendly faces everywhere, everyone was propper going for it!!. Went the afterparty at Mint which Sven Vath come and played till sunrise. Amazing day/night!! roll on CITP 2012

Had a cracker. Top top venue, good crowd for a festival, great weather in the end and the best soundsystem i have heard at an outside gig.

Was really concerned about the weather, and literally within 2 mins of getting in there at just gone 11 it started raining. However it cleared quickly and then pretty much sunshine all day.

Troxler set the tone magnificently, a cracking vocal infused set that for me was the best set of the day. I see that people are raving off Villalobos in this thread....there has to come a time soon where enough is enough with the skipping vinyl...its everytime now and its not good enough...he plays some great records (George Morel and Cassuis notably) but he needs to sort that out. Sven was decent - his last half hour being epic.

Anyone know Svens second to last tune??

All in all - a great day

Wow! What can be said, an absolute treat for the third year in a row. Still smiling from how good it was again! :)

Spent a fair bit of time sitting down near the back and soaking up the atmosphere. Just happy about how sunny it was. I have a typical "twat tan" now though - burned everywhere with a big vest mark!

For some reason the crowd didn't seem quite as up for it as the last two years? Maybe it was the sound issues and Ricardo not going down too well! Missed most of Troxler for queuing (didn't they have more entrances last year?) and also getting drinks tokens. Not sure what to think on those, still seemed to be queuing as much at the bar but I understand the security issue. It sucked that they ran out of drinks near the end. Toilets didn't bother me because I managed to not to for a piss for the entire time after 3pm!

Anyways, Reboot was decent enough but it's not really my thing. Ricardo was loooose, but that just adds to it in my eyes. He was definitely fading out to silence deliberately on a few occasions. Just teasing the crowd! Loved his set though, the way he brings stuff in out of nowhere. Donna Summer was inspired, and the Cassius remix went down a treat.

Sven was on fire. Early on playing Raygsh, Let Me Count The Ways and Hungry For The Power back to back. All amazing tunes. Have to say the last two hours just blew me right out of the water. Absolutely took my mind! Definitely the best I've seen him. Loved the fact he played some more progressive stuff alongside his usual style of techno. When that Len Faki remix came on right near the end I lost it big time. He also played 2 stunning Petar Dundov tracks leading to a good amount of "arms in the air" moments!

Top class, the last couple of hours definitely made their way into my all time "top 5" :p

If anyone cares, here are some tunes that got played: (nerd)

Ricardo:

Ricardo Villalobos - MDMA
Autechre - 9 (Remix)
Cassius - Sound Of Violence (Franco Cinelli Remix)
Donna Summer - I Feel Love
Ridney - At Night
Afrika Bambaataa - Planet Rock
Kid Culture & Thomas Robson - Starstruck

Sven:

Caribou - Sun
Todd Terje - Raygsh
Benoit & Sergio - Let Me Count The Ways
Azari & III - Hungry For The Power (Jamie Jones Remix)
Nic Fanciulli & Gary Beck - Hear Me Out
Mark Broom - Supersnout
Matt John - Hello Again (California Sunrise)
Matt John - The Tapedeckers
Maetrik - Crush On Me
Chateau Flight - Chichi Devils
Deetron - Starblazer
Dan Ghenacia - Globe
Butch - Bless Us
Tony Thomas - Beginnings (Gary Beck Remix)
Gary Beck - Egoist
Appleblim & Ramadanman - Void 23 (Carl Craig Remix)
Argy - Unreliable Virgin (Tim Green Remix)
Steffi - Yours (feat. Virginia)
Justin Vandervolden - Clapping Song
Slam - Varience (Adam Beyer & Jesper Dahlback Remix)
Tim Green - Lemon
Mark Reeve - Daybreak On Mars
Veitengruber - Junk
Mark Broom - Satellite

Last hour:
Sven Vath vs Anthony Rother - Komm
Petar Dundov - Sparkling Stars
Pfirter - The Dub Track (Len Faki Remix)
Petar Dundov - Distant Shores

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! What can be said, an absolute treat for the third year in a row. Still smiling from how good it was again! :)

Spent a fair bit of time sitting down near the back and soaking up the atmosphere. Just happy about how sunny it was. I have a typical "twat tan" now though - burned everywhere with a big vest mark!

For some reason the crowd didn't seem quite as up for it as the last two years? Maybe it was the sound issues and Ricardo not going down too well! Missed most of Troxler for queuing (didn't they have more entrances last year?) and also getting drinks tokens. Not sure what to think on those, still seemed to be queuing as much at the bar but I understand the security issue. It suck that they ran out of drinks near the end. Toilets didn't bother me because I managed to not to for a piss for the entire time after 3pm!

Anyways, Reboot was decent enough but it's not really my thing. Ricardo was loooose, but that just adds to it in my eyes. He was definitely fading out to silence deliberately on a few occasions. Just teasing the crowd! Loved his set though, the way he brings stuff in out of nowhere. Donna Summer was inspired, and the Cassius remix went down a treat.

Sven was on fire. Early on playing Raygsh, Let Me Count The Ways and Hungry For The Power back to back. All amazing tunes. Have to have the last two hours just blew me right out of the water. Absolutely took my mind! Definitely the best I've seen him. Loved the fact he played some more progressive stuff alongside his usual style of techno. When that Len Faki remix came on right near the end I lost it big time. He also played 2 stunning Petar Dundov tracks leading to a good amount of "arms in the air" moments!

Top class, the last couple of hours definitely made their way into my all time "top 5" :p

If anyone cares, here are some tunes that got played: (nerd)

Ricardo:

Ricardo Villalobos - MDMA
Autechre - 9 (Remix)
Cassius - Sound Of Violence (Franco Cinelli Remix)
Donna Summer - I Feel Love
Ridney - At Night
Afrika Bambaataa - Planet Rock
Kid Culture & Thomas Robson - Starstruck

Sven:

Caribou - Sun
Todd Terje - Raygsh
Benoit & Sergio - Let Me Count The Ways
Azari & III - Hungry For The Power (Jamie Jones Remix)
Nic Fanciulli & Gary Beck - Hear Me Out
Mark Broom - Supersnout
Matt John - Hello Again (California Sunrise)
Matt John - The Tapedeckers
Maetrik - Crush On Me
Chateau Flight - Chichi Devils
Deetron - Starblazer
Dan Ghenacia - Globe
Butch - Bless Us
Tony Thomas - Beginnings (Gary Beck Remix)
Gary Beck - Egoist
Appleblim & Ramadanman - Void 23 (Carl Craig Remix)
Argy - Unreliable Virgin (Tim Green Remix)
Steffi - Yours (feat. Virginia)
Justin Vandervolden - Clapping Song
Slam - Varience (Adam Beyer & Jesper Dahlback Remix)
Tim Green - Lemon
Mark Reeve - Daybreak On Mars
Veitengruber - Junk
Mark Broom - Satellite

Last hour:
Sven Vath vs Anthony Rother - Komm
Petar Dundov - Sparkling Stars
Pfirter - The Dub Track (Len Faki Remix)
Petar Dundov - Distant Shores

Ricardo also played some old George Morel record. Some good spots there mate - i would never have remembered all them!

A better late than never report ;)

First trip to Leeds and it was great! We headed down on the Friday which gave us a chance to explore and have a few beers. Dinner in Pizza Express to use some vouchers – nothing groundbreaking but it filled a gap!

So Saturday arrived – the day we had been waiting for. Up and out at 9.30 for a fry up and a beer, was a bit too excited though and couldn't eat! Some M&S pre-mixed vodka/cocktail cans and we were ready for the journey. Got the 10.30 bus to the site and were met with the crowds who had also expected the gates to be open. Not too long to wait when they started letting people in at 11 – and then rain came on….oh no! I had taken my wellies in a spare bag for emergencies, but just pulled on the cagoule and within 10 mins the sun was out and there to stay for the remainder of the day, yay! Grabbed a vodka and red bull and down to have a shimmy to Seth Troxler – always something special partying before midday 8) Thought the site was great and so good to have just one stage so no worrying about what you are missing elsewhere and knowing that everyone is enjoying it together!

Enjoyed Reboot and Ricardo, the latter mostly being listened to while lying at the top of the hill enjoying the sunshine and chatting to lots of lovely friendly people. Got the legs working and back into the crowd for the ‘DC10 moment' and Donna Summer – hmmm wasn't so sure on that to be honest, maybe I've heard it in too many places as I did cringe just a wee bit – classic tune though!

Then Sven, what can I say, love him! Matt John – Hello Again (Thanks Boon!)…excellent! Become the song that rattles around my head reminding me of the day now :D Fantastic set and he really pushed it as the set went on – amazing!

The long day and lack of food had taken its' toll and I'm afraid to say by the time the night was over I was completely sapped of all energy!! The queue for the buses back was the final nail and the only place we were going was back to the hotel for a shower and bed!

What a tip top mini festy and one I hope I'll be paying another visit to – thank-you Leeds 8)

Back