Cocoon In The Park 9th July

Uncle_Sevo

Whos in??

Last year was unreal! This years lineup is quality aswell with Vath, Ricardo, Reboot, Troxler!

yep me two, third year in a row!

Other thn Ibiza, its the highlight of my year!

No rain again please!!!!!

First time, can't wait 8)

Is it worthwhile buying a shuttle bus ticket or are taxi's easy to get/reasonably priced?

Taxis last year were a ****ing nightmare. They let taxis up to the event so we qued for about 40 mins which I didnt mind but when we got to the front the security said they were not letting taxis up the the event so everyone starting walking the long walk down the road. We were lucky and flagged one that didnt rip us off but I heard some strorys of people paying £30 to taxi drivers to leeds city centre when its about a £8 job if I remember correctly. I think they are gonna sort that out this year though.

Taxis last year were a ****ing nightmare. They let taxis up to the event so we qued for about 40 mins which I didnt mind but when we got to the front the security said they were not letting taxis up the the event so everyone starting walking the long walk down the road. We were lucky and flagged one that didnt rip us off but I heard some strorys of people paying £30 to taxi drivers to leeds city centre when its about a £8 job if I remember correctly. I think they are gonna sort that out this year though.

hmmm sounds like a shuttle bus could be a better option then!?

coming down on the Friday - any recommended places for food/drinks and breakfast Saturday morning?

Involved!

2009 was so brilliant, I was sure 2010 wouldn't top it but it did! Even better last year and it's been the highlight of my last two summers.

i am going. haven't been before, looking forward to it massively.

minibus over from liverpool early sat and then get picked up 30 mins after finishing..

anybody know who is on first?? I am assuming Sven will finish with Villalobos before him, but unsure who will start out of Reboot and Troxler....??

Troxler is on first at 10:30, until 1:30 I expect. Then Reboot 1:30 - 3:00 (best guess) and 4 hours each for Ricardo and Sven.

:p

Gutted im going to miss most if not all of Troxler. I was probably looking forward to seeing him the most. I was hoping they would put Reboot on first.

that 100% mate?? that is proper early like!!!

Yup, promoter said he's on at 10:30 (until 1:30 "most likely") and I'm assuming 4 hours each for Ricardo and Sven like last year. Leaving an hour and a half for Reboot, about right for playing live.

Last couple of years I've got there around half 12 as I wasn't too fussed about the opener. Still never seen Troxler so gonna try and get down for 11. Gonna be a strange feeling waking up, breakfast and then heading out so early!

Edit: One would assume it's a ploy to get more people down early and paying for drinks as Troxler is a big draw. If Reboot was on first it may be a waste because I doubt as many people would make the effort and most would miss his entire set!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, promoter said he's on at 10:30 (until 1:30 "most likely") and I'm assuming 4 hours each for Ricardo and Sven like last year. Leaving an hour and a half for Reboot, about right for playing live.

Last couple of years I've got there around half 12 as I wasn't too fussed about the opener. Still never seen Troxler so gonna try and get down for 11. Gonna be a strange feeling waking up, breakfast and then heading out so early!

Edit: One would assume it's a ploy to get more people down early and paying for drinks as Troxler is a big draw. If Reboot was on first it may be a waste because I doubt as many people would make the effort and most would miss his entire set!

thats exactly what it will be mate!!!

what are the drink prices like mate? and queues etc??

thanks for the advice!

thats exactly what it will be mate!!!

what are the drink prices like mate? and queues etc??

thanks for the advice!

Queue in 2009 was stupid. As I say, got there at half 12ish and think I was standing there for well over an hour. Missed the end of Steve Bug..though you can hear / see it from afar! Everyone getting properly thoroughly searched going in; pockets, shoes, wallet, the lot so it took an absolute age.

Last year was much much better and only a 10 minute maximum queue arriving at a similar time. They're now using the Ticketarena mobile ticket system to get people in a lot faster and with more entrances too. The main entrance at the top is obviously the busiest but they had two more, one down either side which were far less busy.

Drinks - not disastrous really. 500ml plastic bottles of Carlsberg were £4 as I remember, and Red Stripe / Kopparberg. Jagerbomb about the same price. Standard club prices. Bar queues are alright as well. There's a fair few bars and none of them do draught so it's quite swift.

Best of all, water is FREE. Provided you have bought a bottle (they let you keep the lids unlike Warehouse Project!) - they've got a few drinking waters taps dotted about. Gets interesting towards the end of the day when they've turned into a quagmire though!

Best best of all. THE SOUNDSYSTEM. ****ing second to none!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worth bothering with the forecast unti the day before. Last year was same, predicted thunderstorms at the start of the week then didnt rain at.all on the day. I cant get there till 2oclock so gonna miss the whole of troxler which is ****! . Im just preying Troxler does the afterparty at mint.

Back