Cocoon closing on sale at 66 EUR

sorry...but - unbelievable!!!

i always paid between 33€ and 35€ for a normal cocoon night (july 2004, 2005, 2006) and 38€ for last year's closing party. 66€? hard to believe...but if it's true...then its just a scandal.

that said, i guess i would give cocoon closing a miss if i'd be there, even if ticket prices would be reasonable. last year's closing was just TOO PACKED and seeing how packed cocoon already was during july this year i really forsee claustrophoby for everyone in there...

don't get me wrong - i really LOVE cocoon and an ibiza holiday without a combined dc10/cocoon session wouldn't be a real ibiza holiday for me, but last year's closing party wasn't enjoyable anymore because there was absolutely NO room to dance...

Great idea! This will be my closing party mission.

:D :D

I will help you Michael. You ask him to sign and I´ll grin menacingly, like this:
58c5f42d-d6a8-47f2-9f5d-9faafe647440.jpg

I can probably tone down the camp hands if we´re not 100% sure this will strike fear in his heart?

hi dancemaster, i guarantee they have the wrong price.

thanks for heads up though, i'll let amnesia know

cheers

I will help you Michael. You ask him to sign and I´ll grin menacingly, like this:
58c5f42d-d6a8-47f2-9f5d-9faafe647440.jpg

I can probably tone down the camp hands if we´re not 100% sure this will strike fear in his heart?
04.jpg

Buckley in Space - a bit earlier this year

Perhaps it's the hands and not the eyes that are a window to the soul?

:?: :?:

Hmmm.

hi,

we've just been given the prices for the cocoon closing party = 66 EUR for an advanced ticket and 80 EUR on the door.

the tickets are on sale in our calendar:
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events

would like to hear some feedback on what people think about this - is this really value for money? is anyone going at this price?

don't get me wrong, i think it is one of the top 5 nights on the island, but can anyone justify 66 EUR for a night-time party?

Flippin 'eck.

Even by Ibiza standards that is extremly expensive..... but, people will pay so you cant blame them for pushing it really.

After having a year off Ibiza, I am seriously worried I may have to remortgage in order to visit next year if the hike in prices this year is anything to go by...:lol: :lol: :lol:

paid 47 euros for monday just gone and was my best night on the isle this year :D

went on till past 8 as well so abit more value for money i suppose :lol:

gotta say though 15 euros for meganite and have a free cd thrown in really cant be beat 8)

that is beyond stupid... 80 euro for a club night?!?!?!? I dont' care if its the closing... thats beyond ridiculous!

IBIZA-VOICE: Cocoon set a record last year with the door entry price of the Closing Party. It was a controversial 70€ to get in. What was the reasoning behind that? Will you be continuing with that this year?

SVEN VATH: Well you know, good things have to have their price. We were already quite worried about the closing party, you can't send people home once they are there, and so you have to make somehow a kind of pre-selection.
So with the price, this is what we did. We were scared that too many people would turn up and be running all over the place, and this is what would ruin the quality, when a club is too full so with the price you can control this. I mean in the end even with the price the club was still really full...
[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And for the Closing we had already set up this after-hours party too, I don't know how many people turned up there, but at least 2,500 or 3,000 people, and we had all the security and organisations for that. Once Amnesia has closed there's a whole 2nd part to take care of after the [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Opening[/FONT] and [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Closing[/FONT], we want to do something nice, but it has to be safe, it has to be secure, it has to have permissions and there's always fines, and there is a lot of people involved working for this.[/FONT]

2006-07-07__17-58-20__User-6027-219689.jpg

http://www.piste.de

maybe 2007 cocoonopening/closingparty is 100 euro
and the afterparties 30 euro :twisted: ...

...because some weeks ago someone broke in väths appartement while he was djing in italy and stole cocoonclub/frankfurt-money, watches (worth 50.000 euros), bonds, jewelry ... :confused:

:eek:
2dha3hc.jpg

Absolute madness of the highest order charging that price in, it's bad enough as it is without this rip off, ill most certainly be avoiding this nite if i make it over this year.:confused:

We are back over in Sept for a WLS session, but primarily for the Cocoon closing. Captive market and all we have to pay whatever the rate is alas!:spank:

be worth it tho;) :)

Back