Cocoon closing on sale at 66 EUR

james

Administrator
Staff member
hi,

we've just been given the prices for the cocoon closing party = 66 EUR for an advanced ticket and 80 EUR on the door.

the tickets are on sale in our calendar:
http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/events

would like to hear some feedback on what people think about this - is this really value for money? is anyone going at this price?

don't get me wrong, i think it is one of the top 5 nights on the island, but can anyone justify 66 EUR for a night-time party?

Is it extended opening James?? Or is still just til 7am?? Cos 66/80 euros for 6 or so hours clubbing is very cheeky :eek:

i can honestly say that i would never pay that much to attend a club.:confused:

its dissapointing that cocoon and amnesia have decided to adopt this pricing policy.:x :rolleyes:

what does the advanced ticket include? free-drink or what?

on cocoon.net you can order a ticket for 40€, also for closing party, :arrow: so whats the difference :?: :?: :?:

strange thing... :confused:

80 Euros on the door?!
Ouch !

Unfortunately it's simple supply and demand. They know they will still pack the place, even at that price.

Ibiza has been heading this way for a while, everything is extortionate. Not just pricey, but absolutely scandalous, in clubbing circles.
80 Euros entry and 10 euros for a small bottle of water?!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
that is discusting and totally taking advantage of the reputation Sven has build up.

I know closing is more expensive but space is only 50 euros for crying out loud.

for 80 euros though you might get a special sven after party, he is known to throw them and always did for free. Paradoxially, I will not judge sven on this price until I hear how it turned out.

80 Euros!!! That is criminal!!

Unfourtunately people will pay the price so they will get away with it. I was thinking of going, but i will not be going now.

That is just outrageous!

Space is expensive as it lasts frikkin ages and they have a plethora of great headlining top-draw DJ's playing.

This, for me, creeps into the "I could probably spend 90€ a better way" mode of thinking.

As Stu said, they'll still cram it out, though if there's no afterparty, then I'd be raging.

Think I will wait and see how I feel when I get out there. Is very steep, but is the one night that I am really bothered about getting to!

Does Spotlight tickets mean guest list queue entry:?:

The tickets for cocoon closing on their own website have to be sent by snailmail (regular post) and can only be ordered 10 days in advance of the party, and i expect only in germany.

angie24:
yes, spotlight tickets are guestlist - but get there early because the guestlist queue will be quite popular with people from the island.

barbie:
i really hope it will be extended, or at the very least that there will be an afterhour. as i understand sven vaeth has been charging 20 eur entrance to his afterhours too - perhaps in this case the after-hour entry will be included in the 66 EUR price (although experience tells me that is doubtful).

i think the real reason may be that there will 2000 non-paying island workers, with whom the party is very popular - especially the closing. perhaps they hope to recoup the losses by making it so expensive for regular payers.

whatever, i can only agree with you all, it is scandalous. at least space goes on for 'frikkin ages' (love that comment lol) and they have lots of top quality DJs!

we expect a full report from anyone who does go! (and at the very least a signed t-shirt from sven, richie and ricardo! ;)

Thanks James - I fear I may be one of the silly ones, although not sure I can convince my boyfriend to agree :lol:

Thanks James - I fear I may be one of the silly ones, although not sure I can convince my boyfriend to agree :lol:

yeah me too. cocoon closing is my reason to visit ibiza this september and now this.
would be nice, if it is including afterparty.

pre-sale ticket and then in the same queue like the guestlist! :eek:

Excuse me please, I want to go on monday 18th september first to DC10 and later to Amnesia, but this price is a shame .......... :evil: What is including this price, a hot night with Mr. Väth or with Ricardo or can I have both ? :rolleyes:

What are the thoughts of Mr. Väth, did he think he is Flavio Briattore and the Amnesia is the Billionärs-Club ?

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the real reason may be that there will 2000 non-paying island workers, with whom the party is very popular - especially the closing. perhaps they hope to recoup the losses by making it so expensive for regular payers.
;)

actually no - the guestlist is still 20 euros for island workers and guests of cocoon - although i'm glad to be paying this rather than the 66/80 :eek:

well i just said it above but nobody paid any attention to it...tickets for cocoon closing cost 46 euros at www.clubtix.co.uk !
can someone explain why there is such a big difference on the price between spotlight and clubtix????:rolleyes:

Back