Cocoon and Supermartxe

Jet Set Willie

Couple of quick questions if you dont mind.

Will Cocoon be unbearably busy on 7th September? Dying to go, but dont want to be squashed in like sardines.

Also what is Supermartxe like? Atmosphere, crowd and music wise?

Thankyou.

Well we still haven't got any reviews for the last 2 Cocoon parties plus now it's the time that starts selling out...but anyway we'll see!:p

I went to Cocoon last year on Monday 8th September and it was busy. I left at 4 cos the crowds were too much for an old git like me, I thought it was a bit of a pain in the ass! The main room was rammed and the terrace was getting quite full. Looked and sounded really good otherwise!

I'm off that week too this year and I'd really like to go again, but I don't know whether I can be bothered if it will be like that again. There aren't too many comments about Cocoon this year.

As for Supermartxe, I dunno sorry!

It was unbearably busy in September 2007 (I think it was the 3rd) and I mean this was the busiest night I've ever been to in my life!

I went to Cocoon last year on Monday 8th September and it was busy. I left at 4 cos the crowds were too much for an old git like me, I thought it was a bit of a pain in the ass! The main room was rammed and the terrace was getting quite full. Looked and sounded really good otherwise!

I'm off that week too this year and I'd really like to go again, but I don't know whether I can be bothered if it will be like that again. There aren't too many comments about Cocoon this year.

As for Supermartxe, I dunno sorry!

This is exactly what I mean... I don't give a damn how good a night is you can't enjoy it when its that busy you literally can't dance, or even walk in the direction you want to.

I want to go this year as it seems like I was unlucky when I went as some people didn't think it was so bad when they went.. but then I think its a lot of money if the same thing happens again.. I'm still in 2 minds of what to do, my brother just got back and told me it was the best night he had there!

What I will say is that of all the times I've been to Ibiza it seemed a lot busier everywhere that time I went in the first week of Sept, even the streets and the beach in the daytime

Not sure what it will be like in September but last night was the busiest i have ever seen the terrace! You couldnt move from 3am until 6.30am. Main room was the same until about 4.30am.
Luciano really draws crowds out here! it was the same at Monza a few weeks back and i'm sure Zoo next Wednesday and Wonderland next Friday will be the same story!

But last night was worth it, even if i did have to queue for over an hour at the guestlist queue from 1.30am!

Well we still haven't got any reviews for the last 2 Cocoon parties plus now it's the time that starts selling out...but anyway we'll see!:p
i hate to say it but the latest Cocoon reviews from Grego & robbo23 proved me right...

unbearably busy at the first event after the middle of July...i wouldn't even like to think what will happen during August or even at their birthday event which i expect to be a roadblock.so we can't be sure about 7th September...;)

Not sure what it will be like in September but last night was the busiest i have ever seen the terrace! You couldnt move from 3am until 6.30am. Main room was the same until about 4.30am.
Luciano really draws crowds out here! it was the same at Monza a few weeks back and i'm sure Zoo next Wednesday and Wonderland next Friday will be the same story!

But last night was worth it, even if i did have to queue for over an hour at the guestlist queue from 1.30am!

How was Dubfire's set? he was playing instead of Sven.

I reckon by the sounds of what people are saying, its safe to say Cocoon is still the big success it always was, despite the recession and its gonna be packed early September, so I'm in two minds still.

The problem at Amnesia is walking between the main room and terrace nearish to the entrance and the bar in the main room I think. You cannot move for swarms of people all trying to go in different directions! Obviously if the dancefloors are crushed thats not good too.

Hauskitten's right, when you're paying so much money, what's the point in wasting it. You're in Ibiza, you've got a choice of loads of mega nights out, you can go somewhere else and not miss out on an ace time cos of ridiculous crowds and greedy club owners!

Go to Space on September 6th for a good alternative, it sounds like one of the best house and techno line ups of all time!!! I'm not interested whether people think its no good anymore, the venue is unbelievable, it still rocks whether its open day or night and last year it was still attracting a nicer crowd than anywhere you could go in England, just later on now. Its not Space's fault opening hours laws changed, its all just had to shift!!! M.A.N.D.Y. are on at Subliminal at Pacha on 9th September too, weird booking choice but I can't wait to hear their nu deep house/minimal lite or whatever its called in the main room. They're the best alternatives I think that week and what I'm definitely off to.

Cocoon, I'll see what happens between now and then!!!!

very nice summary chucky! :lol:
but then again cocoon was always crowded and, by the way, subliminal (as f** me) are also crowded!
i also can recommend everybody going to space on sun! just great music. though much harder then last year i guess. but that should be no drawback ;)

Thanks Dom!8)

Oh I didn't realise that Subliminal also got that busy too!!! Everytime I've been to Pacha its always been bearable! Never been on Wednesday though, I've always been such a Morales and Knuckles fan that if they're there, I'm there, so I've been a Saturday boy!!

:lol: Thanks but no thanks! I'd rather go to what sounds like that other runaway success of Ibiza 2009, SHM! I probably would go as well if it wasn't only just Ingrosso on that Monday!!! The most pointless SHM date of the season!

Back