Cocoon - advice

Andrew

Hi all,

I'm heading over to Ibiza on Mon 25th June, but we're not landing until 12.20am. I really am desperate to get to Cocoon that night as we're off to see Tiesto the following Monday. Don't really want to buy tickets before hand in case we are delayed ang get there too late. We're staying in Playa DB. What are our chances of getting tickets late - say 2.30 after checking into the hotel? Or would it be seriosuly expensive to just rock up at the door and pay there? I'm hoping it shouldn't be too busy the week after the opening party - but that might be a bit optimistic!

Some pearls of wisdom would be fantastic :)

Hi all,

I'm heading over to Ibiza on Mon 25th June, but we're not landing until 12.20am. I really am desperate to get to Cocoon that night as we're off to see Tiesto the following Monday. Don't really want to buy tickets before hand in case we are delayed ang get there too late. We're staying in Playa DB. What are our chances of getting tickets late - say 2.30 after checking into the hotel? Or would it be seriosuly expensive to just rock up at the door and pay there? I'm hoping it shouldn't be too busy the week after the opening party - but that might be a bit optimistic!

Some pearls of wisdom would be fantastic :)

I bought my tickets about 2.30am last year and that was in August!

Why don't you buy them online before you go that way you aren't running around when you get there- you can throw your bags in the hotel and head straight to Amnesia!

If you land at 12.20 you should be in Amnesia by 2.30! :)

Yeah I think you are right. I'm just a little paranoid but I think itl be worth the risk of being a bit late because I seriously want to go. Missed out on it last time I went.

Thanks for the advice :lol:

I think (even on that time) you're able to get tickets in one of the bars or ticket sales points in Playa D'en Bossa.
Previous year I've bought some tickets at the Tantra bar (next to Space) for a good price.

I can't say anything about the doorprice, never bought tickets at the door.

Maybe there's another option, last year they handed out Amnesia discount passes at the airport, with that pass you get various discounts on the doorprice. I have it here and it says: between 01:00am and 05:00am - 10 € discount on the doorprice

So you also could manage to get one of these (If they are available this year) in the arrival hall of the airport.

I also will be @ amnesia the 25th and the week after that, never been at Ibiza around that time, so maybe someone else could say something about how busy it is right then?

I can't say anything about the doorprice, never bought tickets at the door.

Maybe there's another option, last year they handed out Amnesia discount passes at the airport, with that pass you get various discounts on the doorprice. I have it here and it says: between 01:00am and 05:00am - 10 € discount on the doorprice

So you also could manage to get one of these (If they are available this year) in the arrival hall of the airport.

I've had these passes before - the door can be 10 - 20 Euros + more (depending on the night) than the tickets so you might be able to get in for the same price as a ticket if you have a pass.

If I was pushed for time personally and wanted to get there fast - i'd definitely buy online before I went!

I've had these passes before - the door can be 10 - 20 Euros + more (depending on the night) than the tickets so you might be able to get in for the same price as a ticket if you have a pass.

If I was pushed for time personally and wanted to get there fast - i'd definitely buy online before I went!

You've got a point there, for sure. But if you're not sure to get there on time (thinking of flight delay or delay at the airport or hotel) it's an option (instead of throwing the already paid online ticket away, in the worse case scenario).

I can't make the choice, it was just an advice ;) (I personally would also take the risk and purchase them on forehand!)

Yeah its a bit of a tough one - thanks for the info with the discounts at the airport. Think I will take the risk though - really want to see Luciano.

Cheers again.

Yeah its a bit of a tough one - thanks for the info with the discounts at the airport. Think I will take the risk though - really want to see Luciano.

Cheers again.

The Amnesia PR hang about the airport main doors day and night handing out those little discount books - you will probably get handed one - but best be safe and save time!

I wouldnt worry at all mate.. you can buy tickets everywhere til about 4am when the bars shut! It will be busy, but not to the point where it's sold out!

Dont pay on the door though! Its alot more expensive than a ticket!

i'd be more concerned that the original poster is landing on the 25th June 2009

:eek:

there is no Monday 25th June in 2009!!!

:lol::eek:;)

That is a clear lesson to me, not to post when im knackered. I meant Monday 22nd June and was wanting to see Richie Hawtin. Disappointed that I probably wont't be seeing Luciano (unless DC10 magically opens perhaps or he happens to be on at WLS). Sorry if I mislead anyone there!:confused:

That is a clear lesson to me, not to post when im knackered. I meant Monday 22nd June and was wanting to see Richie Hawtin. Disappointed that I probably wont't be seeing Luciano (unless DC10 magically opens perhaps or he happens to be on at WLS). Sorry if I mislead anyone there!:confused:

no worries mate

just with the date and the Luciano bit i was thinking you were from an alternate dimension

:D

I probably wont't be seeing Luciano (unless DC10 magically opens perhaps or he happens to be on at WLS). Sorry if I mislead anyone there!:confused:

More chance of DC10 opening at 8am the whole season than Luciano playing at WLS :lol:

You might be able to catch him at Monza though...

Thats a shame! I know which of those i'd rather prefer to happen too. Unfortunately missing Monza for Cream as I need to see Sasha (being my fav DJ/producer in the whole world)!

Back