Coccon vs Manumission?

F

first timer

I'm hitting the island in a week, and for only a week. What can I expect between Coccoon vs Manumission. Everyone says Manu is a must for a first timer, but is what's up with Cocoon. I don't want to burn a night, or
$40!

yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah :rolleyes: everyone says manumission is a must for a first timer- etc. etc. IMO- if a show is what you want then go to Cocoon-Sven and friends put on a wicked show- I swear I went twice to this night when I was on the island and both times I came home w/ my ears still ringing and saying OMFG!!!- I will say this again- the best club night :!: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what you can expect on a cocoon night- expect to see amazing djs spinning hard, bangin', i'll kik your ass tech :!: and a show, i won't reveal anymore but those of you who have gone to cocoon know what i am talking about ;) oh and friendly people who just want to dance... :D

It depends on your clubbing profile... techno lovers wouldn´t exchange Cocoon for 5 Manumissons... house lovers (like me) would bet on Pacha (Roger Sanchez plays a long set every Monday)... Manumission IMO would be more about extravaganza and 'show' than proper clubbing... some say it´s worth it ´cuz Privilege is huge and magical... whereas others find that all those dancers and acrobats make for a very fake atmosphere...
So it´s up to you... if John Kelly was spinning, perhaps I´d pick Manumission because I saw him here in Brazil and he was great... otherwise I´d choose Cocoon (Sven Vath is great too) or Pacha...
Or maybe you could drop in at both... first Manu up to 3am then some of the others... how does that sound ?
Hope to have helped
Thiago

That's an idea. Amnesia is right across the road right? I'll ckeck out both.
Do I still have to pay a cover at 3 am for Cocoon?

never mind both........ give the circus a miss
and indulge in the finest night eh island has to offer...

with Sven and his cocoon loons......

morph to extreme ...... no Question

first timer said:
That's an idea. Amnesia is right across the road right? I'll ckeck out both.
Do I still have to pay a cover at 3 am for Cocoon?

They are not just across the road from each other, it is about a 2 mile walk between the two (counting the privalige driveway). Plus this will cost you an absolute fortune. Plus you will have to cross an extremely busy road in the middle of the night probably wasted. Just choooose 1. I would say Cacoon, but that is just my taste, I did really like Manumission last time I went.

Back