Coastal trail Cala Martina - St Eularia

Dave 1

Over the years i have walked from Cala Martina - St Eularia via a once wonderful coastal trail that brush's up along the sea's edge. However last year whilst retracing the trail i found it almost impossible to continue as after reaching just over halfway i was forced to leave the route & continue inland (ending up in a big marina complex) due to parts of the walk being eroded away by the sea. Once luxury villas adourned the trail but they looked empty or abandoned due it seems to the fact that the cliff's edge came right upto the back gardens. How ironic then that the Council on Ibiza has spent millions of euros building a motorway & no doubt other non important projects but yet it would seem are not bothered about the real issues ie: Coastal erosion of land from the sea. Also situated near Cala Martina bar nextdoor to a Campsite is a very small cove (often frequented by nudist's who are found bathing on the rocks) that for as long as i can remember has never been cleaned for each time i walk by their en route to accessing the Punta Arabi holiday village i notice the small cove has always had tons of dirty dried algae.

Dave

NB: Does anyone know if the bar at Cala Martina still has musicians playing there on the Wednesday afternoon when the hippy market is taking place? Cheers

Over the years i have walked from Cala Martina - St Eularia via a once wonderful coastal trail that brush's up along the sea's edge.
I did that walk in January last year but started from Santa Eularia end. I made the mistake of going in the afternoon. It fairly easy going up to Cala Martina but visibilty was terrible on the way back because the sun was setting. Particularly hair raising on the badly eroded parts which sound like they could be the parts that have now gone.
3833799688_6c8eb6cf0b.jpg

3833000227_c68b177219.jpg

Santa Eulària - Cala Martina

Reply to McRackin:

To be honest i never really took any notice of the bar's name but sounds like it could be the one. It's part of the campsite that's in that area..

Warren:

I agree with you that the walk can be quite hair raising as on two occasions i nearly lost my footing as the edge twice gave way under my weight:oops: whilst trying for taking some photo's.

Cheers

Dave

Back