club/rave scene and people in general

Pheasant or peasant?

:lol: Pheasant all the way. :lol:

It's strange, most of my friends I've met over the years, including my current circle of close friends, were all met from nights out more or less.
Those who I went to school with who I keep in contact with were clubbers as well.

But you definitely see the difference between commercial / mainstream clubbing and underground clubbing.
They have to co-exist though. Like ying and yang, one cannot live without the other.

I believe they played longer than they were originally contracted for as they were the only two DJ's on so maybe EZ wasn't prepped. In my opinion he would have been fine for an hour but you do start to miss house/edm after a while

Dunno about that. I mean I totally get that EZ is not to everybody's taste. But he is a veteran, and technically there are few better. His Z-Uncut mammoth sets are the stuff of legend. Maybe following Gorgon City is just strange programming (or maybe they didn't have a choice with the aforementioned situation).

EZ is great though. (and I'm no garage fan)

We are. I can't think of a single friend I have who isn't in some way connected to clubbing. Maybe proxy-friends ie. those through family-connections. But otherwise, no, all made through clubbing.

Granted I've worked in the industry in some capacity since I was 19, so that has something to do with it!

Living in a relatively small place most of the people who going clubbing know each other. They are the same people who play/watch sport. Even some of older people in the company I work at were at the warehouse parties and clubs in the early 90's around our area - the woman I worked with today was a regular at Glastonbury.

Our Yates has turned into a weatherspoons :confused:

I can honestly say some of my best memories involve clubbing and ive got my brother to thank for showing me the way. Im 33 now so missed the rave scene on farms ect. Although i was out drinking from the age of 16 id say it wasnt until i was 18 that i found a real love for being on a dance floor enjoying the music. Ive got a brother 8 years older than me and i can remember clearly being a 10 year old (1993) at home and my brother would have his music tapes playing full blast on a friday night while getting ready. It was all happy hardcore. Think clockwork orange. Anyway one night me and my mates are out in a local club and my brother is there with his friends. He does the big brother thing and buys us a drink then says hes going on to a club on an industrial estate called the warehouse and did any of us want to go. Luckily i did go with two other mates and that night changed everything. We all took our first pill and got lost in a sweaty crowd on a dark smokey dancefloor. ive never felt so much love in one room. Every so often you would look round smile at someone and put your arm round them dancing to the tunes. Everyone on a level that aloud you to connect and the thing that brought it all together was the music. All house music lots of piano and soulfull vocals back then. For me there is no better place than a dancefloor. Its a real love and i cant see why thats going to change anytime soon. But its not for everyone. Some people like rock some like pop. Ive got friends who come along but more for the social and drug taking side of it. Music wise they prefer led zeplin or the doors but can happily enjoy a house or techno night. especially when the dj chucks in a curve ball and plays a bit of pink floyd. Ive got 2 boys myself now one is 2 and the other is 5 months and i hope one day they find the same passion for house and techno as me because its a very powerful thing that will give you some amazing times. With a bit of luck clockwork orange will still be doing the ibiza weekender in 18 years time then i can show my boys what its all about

that night changed everything. We all took our first pill and got lost in a sweaty crowd on a dark smokey dancefloor. ive never felt so much love in one room. Every so often you would look round smile at someone and put your arm round them dancing to the tunes. Everyone on a level that aloud you to connect and the thing that brought it all together was the music. All house music lots of piano and soulfull vocals back then. For me there is no better place than a dancefloor. Its a real love and i cant see why thats going to change anytime soon.

damn right brother

i've got this in my head now

*my experience of 'garridge' is limited to a handful of nights i went to around 98/99 in South London and I never felt so uncomfortable in my life. Jungle for instance was moody at times but it was inclusive and communal and could still be a lot of fun whereas UKG felt to me like an altogether more intimidating vibe + anyone who habitually drinks champagne in a club is by definition a C**T

who the hell is EZ?

the only EZ I know of is...

shared a lift in June with mc kinky, she was doing a live pa at sankeys the previous night. Didn't realise who she was but very surprised when I found she was the singer from everything starts with an E.
Was only 8 years old at the time. But that track was a favourite of my older sister.

Back