Clean Bandit + Mullally @ Ibiza Rocks Hotel, 25-07-17

McRackin

Super Moderator
This week, apart from the Ibiza Rocks residents, they also had Tommy Jules (one of the vocalists for Rudimental) behind the decks to soundtrack the afternoon.

Up-and-coming Norfolk musician Connor Mullally-Knight, known professionally as Mullally, has recently signed with Atlantic Records UK and is working on his debut album. Among many other musical influences, the 20-year-old electro-soul singer mentions Paolo Nutini, who played at the Ibiza Rocks Hotel back in 2002 (a great double bill with Alex Clare as the support).

Mullally, who came without a band, sang under the watchful eyes of his friends in Clean Bandit. His short set included "Wonderful" and "Troubled Love", two of the three songs he's put out so far ("Overdose" was the one missing), along with other unreleased but equally catchy songs like his next single "She Don't Know Me".

Everyone I spoke with agreed he has a great voice... definitely an artist to look out for in the future.

P1350707+-+copia.JPG

This is the fourth time Clean Bandit played at Ibiza Rocks. Since the last time we saw them two years ago, the band (which is now a trio as violinist Neil Amin-Smith left the band last october) has released three new singles: "Rockabye" with Sean Paul and Anne-Marie, "Symphony" with Zara Larsson (both number ones in the UK) and "Disconnect" with Marina And The Diamonds. These three songs, along with the previous single "Tears" with The X Factor 2015 winner Louisa Johnson will be on their upcoming second album.

This time Grace Chatto and brothers Jack and Luke Patterson were flanked by the vocalists Kirsten Joy and Yasmin Green, who filled the void of the band's many collaborators. Apart from the latest four singles mentioned above, they played two new songs called "Should've Known Better" and "Piece Of You" (the later dedicated to a fan in attendance that have seen them fifty times live!) plus all the hits that you would expect from their first album New Eyes (2014) like "Extraordinary", "Real Love" or "Rather Be". To see the cellist in one of her quirky outfits and waving the cello bow is still a powerful image.

Clean Bandit's unique style that mixes classical and electronic music might not sound fresh anymore but sure enough it's still effective.

P1350837+-+copia+edit.jpeg

You can have a look at what's on in the next weeks here:

:arrow: http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/promoters/ibiza_rocks_i.htm

MULLALLY SETLIST:
Wonderful
Troubled Love
Mad
Loved Up And High
Head First
She Don't Know Me

CLEAN BANDIT SETLIST:
[Rainforest intro]