Claire Manumission birthday @ Aura

kimajy

Did anyone manage to get near Claire Manumission & Leah Tilbury's birthday at Aura .. rumours of naked girls & white horses .... would be good to hear (or even better see) a bit more ??? ;)

While I have a lot of respect for Mike and Claire the rest of that Gossip Girl article reflects all that is wrong about Ibiza...............

I hate that smug, sex in the city, better than thou type of celebrity ass licking, name dropping, gossip dross....... Its like their poo doesn't stink (it must be the hired help)

Give me substance over style and celebrity any day.

While I have a lot of respect for Mike and Claire the rest of that Gossip Girl article reflects all that is wrong about Ibiza...............

I hate that smug, sex in the city, better than thou type of celebrity ass licking, name dropping, gossip dross....... Its like their poo doesn't stink (it must be the hired help)

^^ Couldnt have said it better myself :lol:

In fairness to Gossip Girl, there are the odd hints of irony, cynicism and scorn in her stories. She's definitely not a new-to-the-clubbing-scene wannabe, but neither is she a 40 year old partied out monster checking the floor for discarded wraps type. I don't think she's the Sex the City type as Bez alluded to either though, more our normal person's guide to glam ibiza presented by a person who can't quite decide between dirtying it at dc10 or demeaning themselves on a Thursday night at Pacha...

8) well said.

In fairness to Gossip Girl, there are the odd hints of irony, cynicism and scorn in her stories. She's definitely not a new-to-the-clubbing-scene wannabe, but neither is she a 40 year old partied out monster checking the floor for discarded wraps type. I don't think she's the Sex the City type as Bez alluded to either though, more our normal person's guide to glam ibiza presented by a person who can't quite decide between dirtying it at dc10 or demeaning themselves on a Thursday night at Pacha...

Im not having a go at her personally ......its that celeb ego journalism style i dislike. Im sure if you sent her to Afghanistan to write an article on the war she would deliver it in a different style.

Cant Spotlight send her to do something else like interviewing Mike and Clare and asking them what they think of Ibiza Rocks booking Noah and the Whale for the closing party???

Now that would make an interesting article...
:)

Im not having a go at her personally ......its that celeb ego journalism style i dislike. Im sure if you sent her to Afghanistan to write an article on the war she would deliver it in a different style.

:lol: she has some competition with that sort of thing though ... :idea: guess spotlight has to keep pace with the changing face and all that comes with it, or all the vogue-readers might tune in and switch off ..

("Good" isn't allowed as a response btw :lol:)

PS - who are Noah and the Whale ? are they friends of Moby Dick ? :confused: (just showing my ignorance here !!)

Totally agree.

Cant Spotlight send her to do something else like interviewing Mike and Clare and asking them what they think of Ibiza Rocks booking Noah and the Whale for the closing party???

Now that would make an interesting article...
:)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't recommend anybody asking Mike or Claire about Ibiza Rocks....

pretty much the majority of what we talk about is clubs and music, understandably.

this just redresses the balance a bit, they're regularly amongst the most read articles on the whole of spotlight, which amounts to tens of thousands of readers.

it's just not as simple as saying well talk about something else then, cos we already do all the time, and those articles don't get the same hits this do.

let's face it to, ibiza has always through the ages been a place for next level hobnobbing and air kisses, talking about it doesn't change that.

Back