Ciggie allowance

samie_arthur

:eek:right im confused

alot of sites say u can bring in 3200 ciggies and 3kg of baccie
but on BAA it says 800 Ciggies and 1kg of Baccie

this is within the EU and im going from Stanstead and coming back into Stanstead, can anyone enlighten me?
xx

Below is from customs website, The main thing they are interested in is if it is " for personal use" Eg you are not going to sell it, You can take what you want back , You just have to convince the customs person it is all for you or "gift`s" for anyone else.

If you bring in goods on which tax has been paid in an EU country, you do not have to pay any tax or duty on them in the UK.

However any alcohol or tobacco you bring in must be for your own use and transported by you.
Own use’ includes goods for your own consumption and gifts. If you bring in goods for resale, or for any payment, even payment in kind, they are regarded as being for a commercial purpose.
You are particularly likely to be asked questions if you have more than:
3200 cigarettes, 200 cigars, 400 cigarillos, 3kg tobacco, 110 litres of beer, 90 litres of wine, 10 litres of spirits, 20 litres of fortified wine (such as port or sherry).
The officer will take into account all the factors of the situation and your explanation.

Have a good one
Tim

I'll drop ship you a fuw hundred KG of any brand you want from China if you accept all customs risk ;)

thanks for all ur replies, so how much do i have to declare wen i come back?
liek coz we was allowed 200 ciggies from turkey i didnt declare them ?

well i rung hm customs and they agreed with the above and sed u onli need to declare if u have more than 3200 so thats ok i can have a good stock up! x

Back