Cigarrettes?

Cassie

Hi there

I'm off to Ibiza in September after a 2 year break. A mate of mine has just returned this month and said that Supermarkets and shops had stopped selling cigarettes and that you could only buy them from vending machines for about £4 a pop. I don't remember this from the last time I went and had no trouble buying cigarettes.

Is this true or was she just so trollied that she missed the cigarette section in the shops?

Also are the security being more strict with smoking in the clubs now days?

Thanks in advance

Believe it or not but the tobacconists still sell cigarettes and there are some small supermarkets have cigarettes hidden under the counter.

Yes but...
Spain News The Ministry of Health is to ban smoking in all public places.

The Ministry of Health is expanding the first Anti Smoking Act to prohibit smoking in all public places including bars and entertainment venues, announced Trinidad Jimenez.

Jimenez explained that the Act is in its "assessment phase" to see what degree of success it has in in its implementation, and added that following its assessment it will be proposed to extendsmoke free areas...
http://www.barcelonareporter.com/in...ban_smoking_in_all_public_places/3107091130pm

How long it will take is anybodys guess.

leagally you can only buy cig`s from the tabbac or from vending machines in bars, You have to ask at the bar for them to turn the machine on, It`s about anti underage smoking,
They went up a while ago, Mine from €2.50 a pack of 20 to €2,85, you will pay 15 cents more in a machine,

Smoking in most bar`s and clubs if you are Spanish ( especially working behind bar / in kitchen ) is compulsory, You will see no smoking signs around , But if there are ashtrays on the tables , Take that as a hint,

Have a good one
Tim

it's in the latin character to smoke in discos or at restaurants

seems the health & safety nazis are killing the med vibe too now :rolleyes:

and it's always fun going up to some random girl in Barcelona and, with a twinkle in your eye, asking "Vols foc?" :D

Smoking in most bar`s and clubs if you are Spanish ( especially working behind bar / in kitchen ) is compulsory,Tim

I may be lost in translation but do you mean that people smoke in restaurant kitchens? :eek:
Is it a generalisation, a topic or you did work in a restaurant kitchen and you know for sure that this is how things work?

i was there end of july and there was machines in the little shops and in the bars, unless they've only recently taken them away, I thought the cigs where quite cheap, 20 lambert for 3euro 50

I may be lost in translation but do you mean that people smoke in restaurant kitchens? :eek:
Is it a generalisation, a topic or you did work in a restaurant kitchen and you know for sure that this is how things work?
I was in a bar/restaurant a few weeks ago and the cook/chef/whatever he was, was smoking while cooking.

A mate of mine had a cafe in Brentford years ago. I was sat in there having something to eat and he was outside fixing his car when a lady from a nearby office walked into his cafe, so he followed her in and asked her what she wanted. She asked for a tuna salad roll. He wiped his hands on his apron, grabbed a handful of salad and a roll and then put in some tuna but at least he used a spoon for the tuna. She looked disgusted but took the roll, paid for it and walked out. I doubt she ever went back.

Back