Chick DJ needs some answers...

discoplayer

gday...

just found this website and am mighty :D about it!!! maybe someone can answer some questions i have about working the summer season 2004?

i just wanted 2 know how many bars and clubs would be interested in booking a chick DJ and how hard is it 2 get a gig in ibiza? i am hoping to secure ANY gig (ie. a small bar or club) and wanted to know whether DJ bookings are readily available if you get there early?

i hold a spanish passport (although i live in australia) and speak the language well enough to have a (fairly) decent conversation. i currently hold down 3 residencies here and play everything from what i like to call "house music with balls" through to the old(er) skool stuff (think Age of Love, Bjango, Footprints) and you are there...

so what i really want to know is....???

is it even worth lugging 2 crates of records to the other side of the world in some vain hope to get a gig @ some bar/club or am i dreaming? :confused:

how hard is it to secure a bar job at say space for example? or are those jobs IMPOSSIBLE to get?

i would really appreciate any feedback as i'm heading over in may....

disco

thanks for the response nitefly... :D

so if i get there @ the end of april u reckon hay?
that can be sorted... 8)

gonna bring the choonage anyways & see what happens.... if i don't get any joy then i will just sell my accessories 2 all the shops instead & party instead of work....

hey dude another question 4u?

are all the 'dancing' jobs ones that require you 2 strip? or dance in 'no clothing'? both my sister and I are heading to ibiza 2gether & if all else fails we are both keen 2 do that (if the clothes stay on... :oops: ). we were both filmed by the BBC in Melbourne 4 that "Guide to World Clubbing" doco that was made 2 years ago now.....

we do the 'Melbourne Shuffle' rather well.... ha! :twisted:

anyways, cheers 4 ur response dude....
appreciate it lots...

disco

discoplayer said:
thanks for the response nitefly... :D

so if i get there @ the end of april u reckon hay?
that can be sorted... 8)

gonna bring the choonage anyways & see what happens.... if i don't get any joy then i will just sell my accessories 2 all the shops instead & party instead of work....

hey dude another question 4u?

are all the 'dancing' jobs ones that require you 2 strip? or dance in 'no clothing'? both my sister and I are heading to ibiza 2gether & if all else fails we are both keen 2 do that (if the clothes stay on... :oops: ). we were both filmed by the BBC in Melbourne 4 that "Guide to World Clubbing" doco that was made 2 years ago now.....

we do the 'Melbourne Shuffle' rather well.... ha! :twisted:

anyways, cheers 4 ur response dude....
appreciate it lots...

disco
there are lots of dancing jobs in ibiza in the summer. non stripping etc..
all the clubs will be hiring, and there is A LOT of eye popping competition. my housemate was a dancer last season, and to get the good jobs you really need to look and dance the part. so if you've got the goods, then it'll be easy.

Cheers 4 the response al:uk..... 8)

So I heard through the grapevine you own a club next door to Cafe Mambo? :?: Will have to make sure I pop in & make my presence known when I get there hay?.... :lol:

Who knows you may want 2 book me 4 a "dancing dj" gig? :twisted:

Also while I am here what's the best way to go about finding an apartment for rent if you want to stay the whole season? & keep in mind I am from the land of Oz? Would it be worth posting on here 4 accomodation?

Any suggestions would rock my world....

Catch

Disco

ANY gig should be easy if ur good enough and get there early enough, saying that remember that theres Shit loads of bedroom djs doin this all the time!

As for dancing, theres a few posts bout dancing on here. Crystal has experience and Im sure she wouldnt mind giving u some information if u ask.

Nish
:p

Back