Chicane LIVE at Islington Carling Academy

Chicane are wicked. Tad cheesey, but good tuneage. Seen them 3 or 4 times live from Creamfields 2000 to I dunno.. Remember dragging everyone out of the DnB tent when the Rider was on to see them at Global. Didn't go down too well at the time tbh - but once in everyone had a top time - infectious buzz when they play!! :)

Way Out West had the Saltwater sample before Chicane btw. But Chicane released the tune b4 they could...! Jody and Nick Warren called it daylight robbery!!

Aye :)

Never been to many technivals personally and I have no idea what a spiral gathering is. Not used an 11" or felched Roland Rat.

What is a burnt man or a festive dragon?

If Kylie and Jason brought out a tune I liked - I would go see them.

Anyways - Chicane are a good buzz, so there!

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw them play live in 2002 here in melburn & they were quite impressive....
albeit i was away with the fairies in a huge way back then but.....

chicane = aural wallpaper muzak

the kind of stuff, designed for 'match of the day' highlights - in fact music so bland, you don't even realise you're hearing it

* I did like one of nick bracegirdle's disco citizens tracks back in 1996 but the chicane stuff is just FLUFF

avoid :arrow:

and like what da fuk do u know Olly :)

Well I'll tell you. I've kept a beady eye on the music industry for the best part of 25 years, I've seen it all, new romantic, stock aitken and waterman, acid house, indie-student, teutonic techno, emo, charity single, irish girlband, punjabi hiphop, south coast folk, I've heard the whole f**king lot. I've travelled around the world and met people of all shapes and sizes, all genders, inclinations and persuasions in emporiums ranging from converted zoos to canadian huts to finnish dachas and I've spent (irreplaceable) hours of my life suffering in dives like godskitchen enduring total kak such as mundane chicane so I know OK! I KNOW! so don't you come on here now and question my integrity, anonymous muthafuka.

*But far more crucially, never, ever take anything discoplayer writes on this forum, seriously. I mean seriously. :eek::lol:

i can be serious!!

kangaroo.gif

yeah, right ;)

Well I'll tell you. I've kept a beady eye on the music industry for the best part of 25 years, I've seen it all, new romantic, stock aitken and waterman, acid house, indie-student, teutonic techno, emo, charity single, irish girlband, punjabi hiphop, south coast folk, I've heard the whole f**king lot. I've travelled around the world and met people of all shapes and sizes, all genders, inclinations and persuasions in emporiums ranging from converted zoos to canadian huts to finnish dachas and I've spent (irreplaceable) hours of my life suffering in dives like godskitchen enduring total kak such as mundane chicane so I know OK! I KNOW! so don't you come on here now and question my integrity, anonymous muthafuka.

so how come your not raking it in by writing for newspapers and books, instead of spending your time posting on internerd forums, where possibly not many people give a toss!:lol:

*But far more crucially, never, ever take anything discoplayer writes on this forum, seriously. I mean seriously. :eek::lol:

I think the phrase is Hook, line and sinker.

As for being anonymous - PM me Mr "Olly" 8)

so how come your not raking it in by writing for newspapers and books, instead of spending your time posting on internerd forums, where possibly not many people give a toss!:lol:

I work in a totally different industry. I only come on forums to kill time - I find it quite therapeutic, a bit like shooting ducks at a fairground

Back