Cheap rent apartment while looking for a place to buy?

Warren D

We (my fiance and I) will be coming down to Ibiza soon to buy a place to live in. We are going to take our time finding the right place, so we may need a cheap apartment to rent for a few months but I all I'm finding is places for around €1150 per month and over. I didn't really want to spend that much on somewhere that is just going to be used as a base.

http://www.liveibiza.net/

This site really helped me and my boyfriend. We contacted a guy, Gary Hardy, who has a few apartments to rent. It depends on when you're looking to go though, we'll be moving into one of his apartments in October hopefuly, and that's for 700 euro a month. We are looking to go a bit earlier though and rang him this afternoon, he will be sending us information on places he has to rent from the end of this month so not 100% sure what those prices will be like!!

Unfortunately this is one of those catch 22 situations. The cheaper places are found through word of mouth once you are here. All I can suggest is try to get onto as many Ibiza forums as you can and get in touch with the locals. Then once you are here you can shop around. Failing that, search the inmobilarias (estate agents) and contact them direct. The closer it gets to winter the cheaper the prices are. By the way, there is a glut of newly built property here at the moment, haggle for all you're worth as they really want your business at the moment

Back