charlie,s bar (es cana)

duffy

went in last week 4.40euros a pint
what a rip off.i understand that they had entertainment on but i find this a ridiculous price for a pint.
this equates to £4.
would not pay this at home,so not paying it while on holiday

bar up road apache bar 2 euro,s a pint BOGOF,

Charlie's must be the most expensive bar in Es Cana,and imo not worth it !
If you like the sight of Mother's with (trying) to sleep babies draped over their shoulders dancing at the front,their blokes shouting it up at the bar,coupled with rejects from tv talent contests on a promise 'performing', then you might enjoy the place :confused:

A lot of people do !

As for Apache, the beer is cheap, but crap,some new Mahou light I think, watch out on mixed drinks,if you ask for a specific brand your bill can spiral into regular prices :eek:

went in last week 4.40euros a pint
what a rip off.i understand that they had entertainment on but i find this a ridiculous price for a pint.
this equates to £4.
would not pay this at home,so not paying it while on holiday

bar up road apache bar 2 euro,s a pint BOGOF,

my advice - dont go - its just like any crap 'fun' bar you would find in england anyway - try the smaller, dare i say 'Spanish' bars...;)

my advice - dont go - its just like any crap 'fun' bar you would find in england anyway - try the smaller, dare i say 'Spanish' bars...;)

i did after getting stung !!!!!!

went to fat moe,s a good pint and a very friendy welcome

As I have been badmouthing bars in Es Cana here are a few that I like.

Casa Juan - basic cafeteria type.
Toni y Pilar - family run,friendly and nice dog.
Chirincana - overlooking Cala Martina beach.
Los Pinos - flamencotastic.
Tres Esquinas - got to be the (genuine) cheapest place in the area,vodka limon 2 euro,cafe con leche 85 cents etc,I would like this place at 3 times the price.
The terrace has an overall herbal essence at night,good music,lot's of dogs about :)

Who's charlie anyway ?

Last edited by a moderator:
...Tres Esquinas ...
vodka limon 2 euro,
cafe con leche 85 cents etc ...
scw979.gif

where is Tres Esquinas situated
Opposite 'fun fair' the side road between Apache and La Perla,pass Los Jarros on your left,the road bends to the right slightly uphill.
TE is on the left,pool room,burger joint then bar and main terrace,all interconnected :)

Toni y Pilar - is this the bar next to the (ex) Murphys? , I just know it was called "Bar Toni"
If it is, try the Paella, in former days it was very good.

Yes,just across the road from Murphys,(open again) the main sign reads Toni y Pilar,but there is also a smaller one,Bar Carlos? I don't know if that is in honour of the Father or the dog who is called Charlie !!
They still do the Paella :D

Back