Channel four house party

Robder

Looks interesting - check it out this eve...the early morning will be the best bit obviously.

Just a heads up.

what is it? hazard a guess reality 'House Party' with cameras everywhere big brother style?

It's filmed DJ sets.

As part of the London 2012 Festival, BBC 1Xtra's Charlie Sloth hosts a live six-hour dance music event in which cameras broadcast from the DJ booth during sets by a selection of renowned turntablists. The show features sets by hip-hop pioneer Grandmaster Flash, Radio 1's Annie Mac, Ibiza favourite Erick Morillo, R'n'B collective Soul II Soul, London quartet Horse Meat Disco and Canadian exponent A-Trak. Channel 4 has stated the event will not be repeated or made available on-demand SUB

Sounds quite fun.

I know horsemeat are taking loads of vogue ball styley dancers with them so should be fairly pesky viewing.

will be gicing this a watch...just hope annie mac doesn't spoil it too much with **** tunes.

i do read that you can interact with the djs viia live text/twitter...so i may need to correct ms mac on her tunes to play:twisted:

This proving very disappointing ...playing in an empty studio , grandmaster flash doing shouts yours to nobody ..playing a greatest rap /pop set, now Annie mac on playing that awful crap she raves on about on her show on radio one

I must be getting old if the kids are liking what she plays, the arse end of dubstep /rap/urban & electro...sounds terrible. Thing is I remember seeing her years ago and used to enjoy her sets ..different direction now it would seem.

Grandmaster Flash's 'scratching' was killing me! Leave that sh!t to the DMC artists & the music it's relevant to!

I cut off 20 mins into his set. Wouldn't mind knowing how the rest went tho

^^ me too. think i only lasted 7 or 8 mins.If you taught things might get better Annie Cack and Morillo were up next:rolleyes:...Didnt wait for HMD who im sure were very good..

Annie Mac was really good didnt think anybody could follow her then morrillo came on and brought it up a notch...smashing it. The highlight of the night IMO. Atrax was v good changing the mood and getting away from the vocals/commercial house of Morillo. Soul II Soul then were just excellent. Carol Wheller some fine vocals and a fantastic soulful/funky/disco set.
Horse Meat Disco were ok not as good as the previous 3 acts IMO.
Was off to bed at 1am but stayed with it to the end!!

I must be getting old if the kids are liking what she plays, the arse end of dubstep /rap/urban & electro...sounds terrible.

I think the same every time I hear her. Still cannot find any way to rationalize it - I reckon in a couple of years' time the crowd which now follows it may turn on it like a pack of soldiers duped in a ladyboy bar :!:

Going through this at the moment. Not enjoying it terribly. :rolleyes: Now at Annie Mac. Not much advantage over listening to the wireless.

Totally ****... until Jazzie B stepped up. **** me... this is awesome.

Caron Wheeler just came on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back