Champions League Final (woohoo!)

"Documents" just means your passport (w/visa) and the little bit of paper with your registration on it. If you're staying in a hotel, they handle the registration for you so it's not a big deal. If you're living in a private residence, it's a 5-minute visit to your nearest post office.

Since most visitors for the CL Final won't be in the country more than 3 days, registration isn't necessary.

I don't feel you should have to carry your Passport with your Visa around with you if you don't want to, what happens if you lose it or someone steals it then your up the ****s especially somewhere like Russia, id always leave mine in the safe at the Hotel.

Carry a copy. I do it all the time in the summer when I don't have a coat/jacket pocket zip mine up in.

I don't feel you should have to carry your Passport with your Visa around with you if you don't want to, what happens if you lose it or someone steals it then your up the ****s especially somewhere like Russia, id always leave mine in the safe at the Hotel.

Why don't you write to the Russian Embassy about this outrage?

I'm sure they'll be happy to discuss your views at the nearest sushi bar.

Well done Morbyd - nice one :) Although i reckon the only time Chelsea get to final is bound to be the year that you finally don't go to it or get tickets after all your years of disappointment (including this one if it's a Liv-CFC cemi again :p ) ;)

After last night, I think you might be right, N8 :lol:

We learned our lesson last year after booking trips to Istanbul and Paris the previous years... We watched the semifinal 2nd leg at home, with the Expedia and Aeroflot websites loaded and ready to hit "buy" for tickets to Athens. I spent the last half hour standing in my living room shouting at the television. But it was not meant to be...

IF we make it past the Turks, it's surely going to be Liverpool again. It's like a curse!

This year we'll go no matter who ends up in the final. Not often you get a big match in your home town (or city where you live in my case)

This year we'll go no matter who ends up in the final. Not often you get a big match in your home town (or city where you live in my case)

getting a ticket isn't easy but it can be down, even if you do pay a few hundred over the odds for it.

flights, hotels, (to coincide with the final dates) is another thing.

last year for athens, easyjet and jet 2 charged their highest one way fare ever, for a flight the day before the game, flying to athens from MAN or LIV. £900 i think

if it's in your home city or nearby, that's one less thing to worry about.

personally i'd love to see the red army in moscow once again!

You've got to book hotels right after other teams are eliminated. Right now, everything is taken but if you do decide to come, PM me as I have the number of a company that rents short-term apartments.

I found an Olympic Airlines flight from London to Athens for 100 pounds one-way on Expedia last year, for the Monday after the FA Cup Final (this was one of the websites opened to the "confirm order" page as I watched the semis in horror!). The bargains are out there but you'll have to search hard. I'd look at going through Riga, Kiev, Belgrade, Turkey or maybe Scandinavia.

You've got to book hotels right after other teams are eliminated. Right now, everything is taken but if you do decide to come, PM me as I have the number of a company that rents short-term apartments.

I found an Olympic Airlines flight from London to Athens for 100 pounds one-way on Expedia last year, for the Monday after the FA Cup Final (this was one of the websites opened to the "confirm order" page as I watched the semis in horror!). The bargains are out there but you'll have to search hard. I'd look at going through Riga, Kiev, Belgrade, Turkey or maybe Scandinavia.

no i know, last year we booked final flights and hotel within a few hours of getting past you (again), was a bit of a journey (connecting in various places) but we got good flights and 2 nights hotel for less than £400.

can't do it this year whatever happens, i'll only have been on the island for 3 days!! a victory would be a great start to my new life tho!:D

Back