CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

Inter Milan v CHELSEA

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Stuttgart v Barcelona

Last edited by a moderator:
INTER?????
I smell a fix :evil:
UEFA couldn't have planned it better. Mourinho's old club vs new. Former Milan rivals meet again. Etc. Etc. I dread reading the papers :confused:
And Beckham v Man U too...

:lol:

it's always a fix when your team gets a tough draw ;) Can't remember it being a fix when the initial group stages were made. The english teams had the easiest groups of the lot.

The truth is if your group was tougher then your likely to have an easier draw in the following round. This has been the case for Real and Barca

Will be good to see how Chelsea react if Mourinho starts his typical underhand tactics by putting pressure on the ref before the game.. see how it feels to be on the receiving end for once ;)

I think Chelsea will be too strong for Inter anyway, but Milan and Manchester is too close to call.

it's always a fix when your team gets a tough draw ;) Can't remember it being a fix when the initial group stages were made. The english teams had the easiest groups of the lot.
It's not the toughness of the draw that concerns me. I think we can beat Inter. They haven't looked that good in the Champions League so far.

It's the Mourinho v Chelsea storyline. Just like how we keep getting drawn with Barca and Liverpool all the time!

Nothing too it, in all likelihood, of course. But UEFA must love the dramatic story lines!

There was always the chance they would get drawn.

They can't play sides they played in group stages, can't play team from the same country so that does narrow it down to who they can be drawn against.

Decent knockout draw is what this is old about. Not cosey little league draw where the rich clubs all get easy rides and chance to screw more money out of it the kitty.

Best way to avoid all that is scrap the league stage and having anyone seeded just a pure knockout like the good old days. Let's see the old 'big' teams start having a bit of squeaky bum time when the draw is done.

Back