Celtic Folks

Lies again....

http://keep-the-faith.net/news.htm

And maybe no Rangers fans were arrested because the spanish police didnt want to go anywhere near them as they urinated all over shops, benches and statues in placa catalunya and las ramblas. The only celtic supporter I witnessed being treated harshly by the police was one guy who was merely singing, and it wasn't a sectarian song (Hail Hail) before you all jump on your high horses.

Lies again....

http://keep-the-faith.net/news.htm

And maybe no Rangers fans were arrested because the spanish police didnt want to go anywhere near them as they urinated all over shops, benches and statues in placa catalunya and las ramblas. The only celtic supporter I witnessed being treated harshly by the police was one guy who was merely singing, and it wasn't a sectarian song (Hail Hail) before you all jump on your high horses.

you were the one taking the high horse
i merely stated facts
1 arrested for assaulting a taxi driver - 1 for assaulting a police office who stopped him trying to sneak into the stadium

but this argument bores me now

elo - I did not mean this to descend into a slangin match, I was just wanting to see what Johhny had to say given his generally sanctimonious take on the behaviour of celtic fans.on both sides of this tho the selection of random facts to help you reach for a moral high ground that does not exist is just kidding yourselves. & it all demonstrates that the seething tension - you may not sing about it - it's still there beneath the surface.

elo - I did not mean this to descend into a slangin match, I was just wanting to see what Johhny had to say given his generally sanctimonious take on the behaviour of celtic fans.

So did you visit the link I posted, where the truth has come out the the celtic fans are not being charged by UEFA for sectarian singing, that this whole story was fabricated by a journalist from the Sottish Sun? So the original point you made was acutally based on the lies of a reporter trying to tarnish the almost impeccable reputation of the celtic supporters.

But, I agree, Im bored too and I think I've made my point. So at least use have got....I can't even bring myself to say it, hopefully Strachan'll be away soon and we'll actually score against you next season :cry:

At the end of the day, it doesn't just come down to songs being sung. I've been to several cities following my team, including Manchester and Barcelona, and there's never been much trouble. Rangers fans are despised the world over, as any Spanish journalist will openly tell you. How many people were arressted in Seville, from a travelling support of at least 80,000? Not one arrest. However, when Rangers supporters travel anywhere, bars and restaurants are shut, windows get smashed, they fight with each other in the streets. How did they celebrate when they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1972? Rampaged through the streets of Barcelona, literally smashing everything in sight, fighting with police and amongst themselves.

Most Rangers supporters hear an Irish tune and think it's sectarian. It's unbelievable, some of those supporters even think that the Irish national anthem, the anthem of a country in the EU is sectarian or bigoted!! They don't have a clue. There is a massive difference between singin "I'm up to my knees in fenian blood" and singing "Low lie the fields of athenrye".

Any Celtic supporter will tell you they are fed up with the tag of "the Old Firm", we are a totally different species from this lot, its a different mentality.

We sing songs about our heritage, our culture and our beliefs.
Whenever Rangers score (as can be seen and heard from the latest CIS cup final) its absolute bile that rings round the stands. Can anyone name me any rangers tune that don't involve some kind of violent, bigoted undertone?

"We are Rangers, the glasgow rangers
No one likes us and we dont care
We hate Celtic, Fenian bastards.."

Prime example.

"We are Celtic supporters
We will follow you
Over and over
We will see it through"

And trust me, its not just Celtic supporters who hate the Queen and the British Army...(see afghanistans, iraqis, indians etc.)

I love it when Celtic fans make themselves out to be angels and would never sing anything bigotted. High Horse Loyal #1

Both sides have bad elements and that probably won't ever change.

Bullsh*t from the very start:rolleyes:

UEFA drop Celtic case
31/03/2008 - 13:26:29

UEFA have dropped their investigation into alleged sectarian chanting by Celtic supporters in Barcelona.

European football’s governing body last week announced they were looking at video footage from outside and inside the Nou Camp which appeared on the internet following the Champions League match between Celtic and Barcelona on March 4.

However UEFA’s disciplinary body will not take any action against Celtic after deciding the evidence available to them was insubstantial.

“We’ve had a look into that, but no disciplinary case will be opened,” a UEFA spokesman told PA Sport.

“There was not enough evidence.”

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mhojojeymhau/

Vermin of the highest order slashing a mans throat because he is a Celtic fan:x:x

MONDAY 31/03/2008 12:14:50

One man remains critical in hospital after being attacked in Belfast

A 32-year-old man remains critically ill in hospital after being attacked in Belfast City centre.

Customers in the bar claimed the attack was carried out by loyalists.

The disturbances broke out shortly after Linfield`s 2-1 defeat of Cliftonville in the Irish Cup semi-final.

Police said there was fighting outside a pub at the junction of Castle Street and King Street before spreading to a nearby street.

The injured man was found lying bleeding from the neck, it`s believed he was stabbed.

People in the area at the time claimed the men involved in the attack were Loyalists and had been shouting sectarian abuse and right wing slogans.

Some said they were shouting "Section F," and "Famous section F."

Customers in the pub said up to 40 men were involved in the attack and some were armed with knuckle dusters and other weapons.

The attack has been condemned by the IFA and both Linfield and Cliftonville.

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=88295&pt=n

Back