Celtic Folks

agentundercover

Uefa investigates Celtic chants

_44521142_brownendofgame203.jpg
Thousands of Celtic fans travelled to see Celtic lose at the Nou Camp

Uefa is examining videos appearing to show Celtic supporters involved in sectarian chanting in Barcelona.
A Uefa spokesman confirmed the footage included singing outside and inside the Nou Camp for the Champions League last-16 match on 4 March.
"We have received some footage showing Celtic supporters singing some alleged anti-Queen and pro-IRA songs - sectarian songs," he said.
"If the investigation is conclusive, a disciplinary case would be opened."
Several videos have been brought to Uefa's attention, including film of supporters at the 'fan-zone' designated for travelling supporters.
"We take care of all manifestations of sectarian singing," the Uefa spokesman added. "The only condition is that it must be in the immediate surrounding area of the stadium. There was alleged sectarian singing inside the stadium. "It will depend on the easiness of having these songs understood and the quest of finding other evidence

And here was me thinking these attitudes had died a death. Anyone on here with any comments to make?!;)

How is that sectarian chanting saying fu*k the queen, it's bullsh*t, on the other hand if they were to say f**k Protesdants then that would be deemed as sectarian chanting, our city rivals are renowed for sectarian chanting far more so than a small minority of Celtic's support.

How is that sectarian chanting saying fu*k the queen, it's bullsh*t, on the other hand if they were to say f**k Protesdants then that would be deemed as sectarian chanting, our city rivals are renowed for sectarian chanting far more so than a small minority of Celtic's support.

head out of the sand Jonny

one of the celtic fans songs includes the line "soon there'll be no Protestants at all"

and added to that - the Queen is a religious head as well as monarch

if you remember Rangers were fined for fans singing about something which wasn't "catholics"

head out of the sand Jonny

one of the celtic fans songs includes the line "soon there'll be no Protestants at all"

and added to that - the Queen is a religious head as well as monarch

if you remember Rangers were fined for fans singing about something which wasn't "catholics"

I don't deny some people sing that line of the song and they are wrong to do so, ive absolutely no time whatsoever for the Queen of England or any monarchy not just in the UK but everywhere for that matter, FCUK THEM ALL I SAY.

I'm not denying that Celtic do in fact have a very small problem as regards sectarianism but without wanting to get "oneupmanship" your lot are a thousand times worse.

Here's to tomorrow mate.;)

I don't deny some people sing that line of the song and they are wrong to do so, ive absolutely no time whatsoever for the Queen of England or any monarchy not just in the UK but everywhere for that matter, FCUK THEM ALL I SAY.

I'm not denying that Celtic do in fact have a very small problem as regards sectarianism but without wanting to get "oneupmanship" your lot are a thousand times worse.

Here's to tomorrow mate.;)

i'll remember that when 7,500 are singing "Go home ya huns" or "Who is the f*nian in the blue" at one of our catholic players

:rolleyes:

i'll remember that when 7,500 are singing "Go home ya huns" or "Who is the f*nian in the blue" at one of our catholic players

:rolleyes:

I don't consider the word hun to be sectarian or the word fenian either, ive been called a fenian bast**d and i just laughed and walked away, however if someoen called me a TAIG bastard id take offfence to it.

ive absolutely no time whatsoever for the Queen of England or any monarchy not just in the UK but everywhere for that matter, FCUK THEM ALL I SAY

Usual subtle approach to an issue there then!

without wanting to get "oneupmanship"

good good would not want that now

your lot are a thousand times worse.

That, alas, is one up man ship.

Do not even suggest that your the hard done by side of the sectarian divide, your loose credibility on these matters will not stand up!

ive absolutely no time whatsoever for the Queen of England or any monarchy not just in the UK but everywhere for that matter, FCUK THEM ALL I SAY

Usual subtle approach to an issue there then!

without wanting to get "oneupmanship"

good good would not want that now

your lot are a thousand times worse.

That, alas, is one up man ship.

Do not even suggest that your the hard done by side of the sectarian divide, your loose credibility on these matters will not stand up!

whatever...........

Both sides are as bad as each other. It's a sad state of affairs and UEFA should ban them both from European competition (as the Scottish FA will never do anything) until the fans that ruin it for everyone else are removed from the stadiums.

for anyone who's not aware this sick "bouncy bouncy" chant refers to a Catholic teenager getting stamped to death by Loyalists:evil::evil::evil::evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciKvll_GJpU&feature=related

Jonny

falling into the lies said about my club

Rangers fans sang the Bouncy as far back as the late 80s
long before this unfortunate boy met a tragic end
it originated at a cold Tynecastle Park in Edinburgh during half-time

please check your facts you idiot before spouting nonsense

Both sides are as bad as each other. It's a sad state of affairs and UEFA should ban them both from European competition (as the Scottish FA will never do anything) until the fans that ruin it for everyone else are removed from the stadiums.

true N8 about both sides having elements that disgrace the clubs

thankfully, our rap on the knuckles from UEFA woke our support (in the main) up and self-policing has been praised from UEFA as a success

yes, we still have the odd idiot in the midst - they soon find themselves shouted down and told to shut up

sadly, much as with the Liverpool/Man Utd fans making mokery of their respective tragedies - some people will never learn - but i've noticed a marked change at my stadium

At the end of the day, it doesn't just come down to songs being sung. I've been to several cities following my team, including Manchester and Barcelona, and there's never been much trouble. Rangers fans are despised the world over, as any Spanish journalist will openly tell you. How many people were arressted in Seville, from a travelling support of at least 80,000? Not one arrest. However, when Rangers supporters travel anywhere, bars and restaurants are shut, windows get smashed, they fight with each other in the streets. How did they celebrate when they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1972? Rampaged through the streets of Barcelona, literally smashing everything in sight, fighting with police and amongst themselves.

Most Rangers supporters hear an Irish tune and think it's sectarian. It's unbelievable, some of those supporters even think that the Irish national anthem, the anthem of a country in the EU is sectarian or bigoted!! They don't have a clue. There is a massive difference between singin "I'm up to my knees in fenian blood" and singing "Low lie the fields of athenrye".

Any Celtic supporter will tell you they are fed up with the tag of "the Old Firm", we are a totally different species from this lot, its a different mentality.

We sing songs about our heritage, our culture and our beliefs.
Whenever Rangers score (as can be seen and heard from the latest CIS cup final) its absolute bile that rings round the stands. Can anyone name me any rangers tune that don't involve some kind of violent, bigoted undertone?

"We are Rangers, the glasgow rangers
No one likes us and we dont care
We hate Celtic, Fenian bastards.."

Prime example.

"We are Celtic supporters
We will follow you
Over and over
We will see it through"

And trust me, its not just Celtic supporters who hate the Queen and the British Army...(see afghanistans, iraqis, indians etc.)

Back