Cash machines???? ........

C

crispy*duck!

Me and my fella, are gona be going to ibiza for the first time a week on saturday :D:D YEY!!!! and was wondering if you can use your cash card in machines over there? its a halifax card, this would be much easier for us if we can do this! :)

cheers xx

If its a debit card then it should be no problem at all although I do recommend taking your currency with you as the cash machines over there will sting you with charges and give you a very poor rate of conversion!

Use this option as a last resort if you have no currency with you to convert!
Travellers cheques will incur a small charge with hotels and supermarkets whilst euros will be free to use after you have bought them in this country. Just be careful where you buy them from as travel agents will offer "currency free" after they have have bought them at a lower rate than they will sell them to you for. Best bet is to arrange something through your bank or the post office for best value!

Halifax charge 1.50 per transaction and a currency conversion fee of 2.25%. I work for them!

Therefore I'd make sure that when you use the cash machines, you get plenty of cash out so that you're not stung by the charges.

As long as it says Cirrus or Maestro on the back of your card you’ll be fine.

Just back from Ibiza. All I had with me was my ATM card, for 24 hrs none of the ATMs were working in Playa d'en Bossa. Some kick in the stones after a hard session at Space. Missed DC10 because of it.

The maximum they let me withdraw at one time was 300E (Maestro, Switch) so if you stick to that amount it works out the same and is much more convenient. The probs come when you get 50 at a time.

7 euro between two of us, talk about the relief when we realised they were working again.

I was told if your cash card has 'link' on the back of it then you can use the cashline machines. Can anyone confirm this?

something to bear in mind - like someone sed - they were down for 24 hours - if one doesnt work - none of them will work on the island - it seems to be quite a common problem! - they are all on a link together so if u desperatly need money - go into the bank - they speak english ok!

stevie starship said:
I was told if your cash card has 'link' on the back of it then you can use the cashline machines. Can anyone confirm this?

I don't know but I would doubt that. Maestro is the one you want.

stevie starship said:

I may be wrong but I think there are only cashline machines at the airport.

Link means you can use your card in any UK cash machine displaying that logo. Overseas you card has to have cirrus or maestro on it, or use a credit card.

I had link on the back of my card and it worked over there.

Back