Cars and Kids

Five years on, the missus' Golf has been tortured long enough.

Any views on:

Nissan Quashai
Citroën C3

Or?

Five years on, the missus' Golf has been tortured long enough.

Any views on:

Nissan Quashai
Citroën C3

Or?
Looked at the Nissan, no head room in the back. Nice car though.

Probably gonna go for the Vauxhall Mokka when we replace the wife’s car before Christmas.

We are looking for a new car at the weekend for my wife, expecting first child in the summer and her z4 doesn’t seem practical :rolleyes: anyone experience in Mercedes CLA?

I have a qashqai which i like Buckley but can’t comment on the room in the back...that’s the dogs domain at the minute. Big enough boot and importantly for me good for towing.

Looked at the Nissan, no head room in the back. Nice car though.

Probably gonna go for the Vauxhall Mokka when we replace the wife’s car before Christmas.
quashquai is a great family car and I'm sure the safety rating is good.

the two people I know who have owned mokkas have sent them back with problems

We are looking for a new car at the weekend for my wife, expecting first child in the summer and her z4 doesn’t seem practical :rolleyes: anyone experience in Mercedes CLA?
once you have a kid hatchback is essential. or at least a a car with a boot opening wide enough to fit the buggy in without any bother. take the buggy to a showroom and try it out.

once you have a kid hatchback is essential. or at least a a car with a boot opening wide enough to fit the buggy in without any bother. take the buggy to a showroom and try it out.
Cheers johndiamond we are planning on taking the pram to check it fits. The ones she wants at the minute is an 1 1/2 hr away and we’d probably need to take her current car for p/x valuation and it won’t fit in there without dismantling!

Thinking of going and testing one at Motorpoint near us first.

No takers for my Nissan GTR then? The back seats are perfect for little people lol

Any sensible offers considered so I can order the 2018 model

Being serious - Ford Galaxy? Was quite impressed with the one we rented last year. Possibly a bit too 'roomy' for your needs but worth a mention

Last edited:
Cheers johndiamond

Thinking of going and testing one at Motorpoint near us first.

just did same ourselves as had to get an mpv. initially thought about buying from motorpoint but no flex on price. found a better one in a bmw dealer in birmingham. got them to match motorpoint price on a better car with lower miles and more kit.

some insane discount. my new motor is 1 year old has 4k on clock. bmw owned from new. I paid 48% of the list price.

just did same ourselves as had to get an mpv. initially thought about buying from motorpoint but no flex on price. found a better one in a bmw dealer in birmingham. got them to match motorpoint price on a better car with lower miles and more kit.

some insane discount. my new motor is 1 year old has 4k on clock. bmw owned from new. I paid 48% of the list price.
My next door neighbour is a manger at motor point and he doesn’t even get a discount or better p/x

They’re only interested in selling you finance

Friends got a a Kia Sportage, top of the range model. Looks great and is quite practical. Pretty sure they said they are paying around the £230 a month figure on a brand new lease deal. Looking myself and there are some even cheaper deals. Obviously with the lease you have the balloon but keep it in reasonable condition just swap over every 2,3 or 4 year. I know it’s not everyone’s way to do it but if you want a brand new car with 7 year warranty with Kia at least, and with monthly payments you can afford whatever your budget. I think it’s a good way to go. Been lease myself for 6 years and I’ve never had any issues so far. Touch wood.

The pram frame and larger Moses basket fit in the CLA’s boot so she purchased. I look forward to it depreciating in value as rapidly as the last car!

We had a qashqai from new (1st child) for 5 years. As others may have said already, they're not the biggest but they are reliable and nice to drive. There's a reason you see so many of them on the road!

We had to move up to an MPV when number 3 came along though - you can't get 3 kid seats across the back.

see post 35 :)
Apologies I can’t see post numbers on my phone but are you referring to leasing? If so my wife does over 30,000 miles per year, I think she looked into leasing and boomerangs but the mileage made it more expensive.

She would also prefer to own the car and not have finance.

I’d have got a cheaper run around with the miles going on the clock

Apologies I can’t see post numbers on my phone but are you referring to leasing? If so my wife does over 30,000 miles per year, I think she looked into leasing and boomerangs but the mileage made it more expensive.

She would also prefer to own the car and not have finance.

I’d have got a cheaper run around with the miles going on the clock
Ah okay - 30k way too many miles

Back