carl cox 01

T

technoboy

the word is BUSY.
the main floor of space was FULL and HOT, people was dancing sweeping completly wet.
but i understand it, always that carl cox djs, it happens.
the music was great, they put those BIG speakers and you could feel the music hitting in the skin, but my ears are still hurting the next day! ;)
dj vibe was great, i never heard about him but he is really good!
carl cox was good at a while, and boring the rest of the time.

//technoboy

yeah full, full. we were there from 10 and last half hour on terrace was great with cox, and dj vibe inside was unbelievable.

his last hour between 2 am and 3 am was soooooo good. fantastic atmosphere as well. highly recommended!

I think I will definetley be paying this night a visit, sounds great. :D

CARL COX IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although i have some heard some really shitty sets played by him before, i'd be the first one on the dance floor and the last one off of it if hes ever playin...the man knows how to work the crowd...from funky starts...poundin u hardcore...and slowin u down for the finish...I LUV IT!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MicHeaL

i think i wont be going again, so many people, so hot...
and a big problem: since pinup is not doing afterhours, dc10 just opens mornings, and space after opens at 8 am ...
there is no place to go when carl cox finishes, thats a crap..

On the subject of Carl Cox, I think he is a little tarnished by his own popularity. It seems a shame that Space couldn't do something to limit the numbers.

A similar thing happened at Fabric last year. I go there regularly, listen to the regular DJs and have space to dance.

But with Coxy, sh1t loads of people turned up and crammed into the room he was playing. You couldn't move, let alone dance. I never even stayed to hear his set!

Coxy wrote an article in Mixmag about how packed it was and hot. He seemed to think that was a good thing. What he didn't consider, was that the regular crowd had their usual night out spoilt by hundreds of people jumping on the bandwagon and no-one could really enjoy it other than the spotters, who could probably easily see what he was doing on the decks!

He's back there at the end of August, but I won't bother with him. If I do go, I'll go in another room and enjoy the space and true regular clubbers.

If only these clubs would watch their capacity, the people who pay wuld enjoy the night, and Coxy would be able to really pass on his energy as people could dance and express themselves!

Did enjoy dancing with him at Space in 2001 though.

Oh, I forgot- danced like the world was gonna end for 3 hours at MTV Ibiza last year. Of course that was at Privilege, so plenty of room to dance. I wonder what it would have been like at the original Hippodrome venue!!!

Perhaps Coxy should embrace his popularity and do his own gigs in Stadium for a change?

If only these clubs would watch their capacity, the people who pay wuld enjoy the night

dont u guys have fire regulations and what not???? I mean if a fire started in there, it would be absolute chaos without room to move and im sure there r'nt enought fire exits either. Thats the shitty thing about clubs here...becuz of our fire regulations...clubs r only allowed to let a certain amount of ppl in based on the size of the club, number of fire exits, and locations of those exits. Therefore, u NEVER get the packed atmoshpere that u do in clubs in Ibiza, and Europe for that matter... i'll say it once, and ill say it again...EDMONTON SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER COME HERE!!!!!!! Sander K, and Donald Glaude r coming on 15th of August...im sure theyre gonna be in for a TOTAL SHOCK when they see that theyre playin to only 50 to 60 or so ppl. Man, there must have been thousands packed in Amnesia for the Renaissance opening party when Sander kicked it off. And i know for a fact that Donald Glaude plays to thousands at those famous parties he plays in San Fran. In the words of my man Steve Lawler, "Edmonton was the worst f***in gig of my life"...hahahahhaa amen brotha. ;)

MICHEAL

We do have all those regulations, but who's actually bothered to enforce them at 2am on a sunday morning?

The clubs should just use a bit of common sense. Yes, it's good to be full, but so full, that you (literally) can't move? That's just stupid and makes all the heatsroke/ dehydration problems even worse. You can't even get to a bar, the people around you make it even hotter and if something did happen to you, who's going to notice or be able to get to you?

Capacities are good, but clubs should stick to them. They should also attempt to control numbers in one room, when they may be below capacity, but the whole capacity is in one tiny room!

---str8 from Canada baby!!

tiesto played to a crowd of 150 in Toronto at this tiny little club a few years ago right after he did Innercity which is crowds of 20,000 and he was going nuts!! It totally depends on the DJ, we talked to him after his set was done and he was like it reminded him of his old days and wouldnt ever turn down a small crowd that had a good vibe. Though these days, i'm sure its different now that theyre actually superstar Dj gods.. that and Toronto rocks.. ;-)

space for example watches his capacity and you cansee the FULL poster in the opening and closing parties for example.
about the fire... come on, what is going to get fire in a dance floor?

but so full, that you (literally) can't move? That's just stupid and makes all the heatsroke/ dehydration problems even worse. You can't even get to a bar, the people around you make it even hotter and if something did happen to you, who's going to notice or be able to get to you?

GREAT POINT!!!! But dont u have fire marshalls and cops that come by and do rounds in the clubs???? Here, there r cops makin rounds in EVERY single club makin sure that theres no trouble and that everything is alright...although, that didnt help the poor chap that was a victim of a drive by shooting the other day outside one of the clubs here. f***IN PATHETIC!!!!!

about the fire... come on, what is going to get fire in a dance floor?

R U kiddin me?????? Awhile back i saw some girls head light on fire. Apparently she used some spray in her hair that was flammable...and she accidently brushed up against someones cigarette...POOF!!!! LIKE A FIREBALL MAN!!!! Dont say things like that, u never know what can happen...i mean if u think like that u might as well say "what is going to get fire in my house???" and then u see house fires ruin and damage hundreds of homes each yr. Just common sense buddy...take the proper precautions and nothing will happen and if something DOES happen, u'll be prepared for it...otherwise...u can see ur head go up in smokes like that girl. ;)

MICHEAL

Here, there r cops makin rounds in EVERY single club makin sure that theres no trouble and that everything is alright...

Horrible imagination!

The attempt to have a good party is certainly very relaxing if you are constantly observed by cops. I would fear to have immediately a buton in my ass if I only smoke a little joint.

8) I had a great time that night, but i didn´t listen to mr cox for more than an hour inside....... it was TOO crowded.

You can never please everybody... if the club controls capacity people on the queue will hate it and say they were banned and mistreated on the entry... if the club lets everyone, it gets like hell... anyway...

About Carl Cox (the former subject of this), does he stop playing at 3am ? If that´s true I´ll go and see him on Sep 5th and then go to Cream ! I´d like to check both... do you think that´s possible ?

Cheers,
Thiago

Back