Car Problems....Advice needed....

Late weighing in on this but it certainly sounds like the electrical system to me. My mom had a similar problem with a car once.

It's one of those problems you have to make sure your garage is properly qualified to deal with. Otherwise they'll be knocking around looking for mechanical problems for eternity.

Nail on head Morbyd....but i dont wana be paying for them doing these mechanical problems that they think might be the case. So lets prey when i say 'the fuel pump isnt getting paid for as it wasnt the problem' - the starter motor clearly wasnt either, in a roundabout way but have paid for that so am certanly not paying for this second thing they believed it was before they came to the fional conclusion of it being the ECU.

I HATE CARS :evil: :spank:

:lol:

Nail on head Morbyd....but i dont wana be paying for them doing these mechanical problems that they think might be the case. So lets prey when i say 'the fuel pump isnt getting paid for as it wasnt the problem' - the starter motor clearly wasnt either, in a roundabout way but have paid for that so am certanly not paying for this second thing they believed it was before they came to the fional conclusion of it being the ECU.

I HATE CARS :evil: :spank:

:lol:

It could just be the rotor cap, cheap repair. The rotor cap is where all the spark wires go into. One way to check to see if this is the problem is to start the car when it is dark, if you you see a spark you have a cracked rotor cap. Here is a video.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2327548_installing-distributor-rotor-cap.html

It could just be the rotor cap, cheap repair. The rotor cap is where all the spark wires go into. One way to check to see if this is the problem is to start the car when it is dark, if you you see a spark you have a cracked rotor cap. Here is a video.

http://www.ehow.com/video_2327548_installing-distributor-rotor-cap.html

Feel the urge to stick a pc in front of the mechanics and let them view that and see what bs they come out with.

Still no call from the garage - they probably like the look of the car sat in their garage seeing its been there for nearly 3 weeks :lol:

Totally off topic (hope you have a favorable outcome to the car fiasco), how was Mexico, have I missed a mini review?

Totally off topic (hope you have a favorable outcome to the car fiasco), how was Mexico, have I missed a mini review?

Nope i didnt do one, didnt think people would be interested lol, nice to know you are then ?

So Mexico, in a nut shell, fantastic, loved it all :D

The hotel and the location was amazing and we did a few trips and clubs n stuff so was always busy. Anything you wana know ? coz i could sit here and write up a 2 week review and it be wasted :lol: lol

Nope i didnt do one, didnt think people would be interested lol, nice to know you are then ?

So Mexico, in a nut shell, fantastic, loved it all :D

The hotel and the location was amazing and we did a few trips and clubs n stuff so was always busy. Anything you wana know ? coz i could sit here and write up a 2 week review and it be wasted :lol: lol

Just do a full review, I hope my countrymen weren't too bad;)

Back