Car parking situation in SanAn

I can't remember what was/wasn't accessible. It was just a dusty dirt track. I remember a High Noon face-off with one car and nearly backing over a rocky vertical ridge that only a jeep could've ever emerged from, and some officious twerp in the other restaurant car park further down the road waving us away. At times like that and in temperatures like that you need nerves and cojones of steel.

In peak season they close the road behind the crossing between cavallet and salinas when car par is full. If you tell them , you go to the reastaurant , they let you go. This happens normally between 10 and 11 ( approx ).

In peak season they close the road behind the crossing between cavallet and salinas when car par is full. If you tell them , you go to the reastaurant , they let you go. This happens normally between 10 and 11 ( approx ).

OK thanks. I might return one day as we did like the beach but I shan't be dining in that hive of thievery again though.

There's an area of land just opposite Bar M that people use to park on. Just don't play music loudly or an angry lady may appear and threaten to smash your car up! :spank:

View attachment 15346
We are looking into a renting a car and doing some exploring in the day as it’s something I haven’t done in the past. We are staying at Sol Bahia, am I right in thinking that’s outside the zones? What is parking like around Sol Bahia?

There is parking there. It's a free for all, if i recall correctly - no special reservation for residents/hotel guests, but how easy it's going to be getting a space there come tourist season is hard to predict. Already the new free public car on the roundabout by LIDL/Parco Camping is full. Getting a space in the centre is soooooo easy at the moment, of course with the caveat that you must now pay.

As more and more cars arrive, that will no doubt change. I'm just thinking back to the fireworks last August when the closest I could legally park was Can Coix!! That's gonna be a funny one this year

what's clear is that this summer is going to be interesting parking-wise. I suspect a lot of full police compounds with cars of drivers not up to speed with the new zones

We are looking into a renting a car and doing some exploring in the day as it’s something I haven’t done in the past. We are staying at Sol Bahia, am I right in thinking that’s outside the zones? What is parking like around Sol Bahia?

Outside Sol Bahia is the ONLY time I've had a car towed away in Ibiza in 23 years...After a pretty heavy 4 days at Pikes we retired to Sol Bahia for a few more nights and the first morning I went out to it, it was gone and the dreaded sticker was on the floor where it was previously parked. Worst hangover ever 😂

But it was my error, it was when you used to have to park your car on alternate sides of the road on different days and I'm pretty sure they don't do that any more.

But it was my error, it was when you used to have to park your car on alternate sides of the road on different days and I'm pretty sure they don't do that any more.

I got done by this rule years ago outside Hotel Marfil. A completely baffling disappearance and an aspect of the Ibiza highway code which was even more difficult to comprehend after a very, very long weekend.

Back after 4 months away and noticed the parking machines around the port (Rita’s area) have been removed, yet the blue bays remain.

Is parking free again or are we meant to venture to find a machine?

Back after 4 months away and noticed the parking machines around the port (Rita’s area) have been removed, yet the blue bays remain.

Does the El Parking app not work in San A yet?

they repaint the lines on the ground not long ago I think they put some concrete back in too (not sure but it looks new, I never paid too much attention before) and they removed the machines so it It's free at the moment (I'm not 100% sure) but I park there almost every day and never received a fine

they repaint the lines on the ground not long ago I think they put some concrete back in too (not sure but it looks new, I never paid too much attention before) and they removed the machines so it It's free at the moment (I'm not 100% sure) but I park there almost every day and never received a fine
Fantastic, thank you.

We were having coffee in Rita’s so could see but always worry!

Might be harder getting a space on the island for a sad reason :(

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68730891
that and the other big problem which is linked, there is a lack of seasonal workers, who come just to work and not be able to enjoy a little because the prices are too expensive, many prefer to go elsewhere (the majority are young people) but not only. Not really new but it gets even stronger a little more. it’s sad because the expensive hotels will accommodate seasonal workers but the small bars, restaurants etc. cannot.

Back