Car insurance

djchewie

anyone living in london, get a decent premium?

I have made 2 claims this year, neither my fault, 1st one having some dope reverse into me while sat in a queue for fuel, and latter one was a case of being provided with false details by twat delivery driver hittting car parked up.

+ a SP30 :evil:

im getting £530-£2500 at the mo via the comparison sites, so anything sub £500 would be nice.

ta in advance.

under 400? - good luck [-unless you're a middle aged lady who drives a volvo locked in a dry garage...]

i think admiral might be worth checking - just refreshed my quote on gocompare.com - they offered me £650 deal for a new audi a3, getting delivered in Jan, but a mini would be a lot less I guess?

starting to kak myself over sheer expense of new motor - oil prices / green taxes / new tolls - drivers will get coshed whoever's in...

Jeesus that's steep.

Just renewed the insurance on my tank and it was £480 fully comp with business use for me & Mrs Jam.

6 points on mine and 3 points on hers.

www.premierinsurance.co.uk

08454 301030

Based in Frimley and run by an old mate of mine.

Give them a call. I'm with Zurich through them...

Aren't you all lucky.
I just spent £760 to renew mine... on a little Peugeot 107! :cry:
Did pay an extra £60 for on-sight claims service though...

Have you tried Churchill? Mine was tons cheaper this year with them compared to Tesco....and when I told Tesco they refused to do mine any cheaper so bye bye Tesco!

Jeesus that's steep.

and all down to twat giving me false details on a claim that wasnt my fault.

have now found out that claim cost £174.01p - so am now paying that to have it wiped from my record, and cheapest quote now is under £400.

I would recommend paying a small fee to protect no claims bonus (for those who have such a thing!). We pay something like £10 per annum and could make 2 claims in three years and not lose our no claims.

Sorry, no help to you dj, but sub £400 doesn't sound that bad.

btw, what's the deal with the guy who stuffed you with false details, are the police interested in such a scam?

Chow, you can still make a claim against the false details guy, you should pursue your losses through the Insurance Association. They are a body underwritten by all the Uk insurance companies, they all put a profit related percentage into it and it helps those involved in accidents with uninsured scum!! not sure how it would work with you though, as presumably your insurance co covered the loss and then bumped up your premium going forward, may be worth a tryn though to get your no claims re-instated?

btw, what's the deal with the guy who stuffed you with false details, are the police interested in such a scam?

basically, delivery truck (white goods), unmarked, scraped the side of rear wing, (i could hear him from front room as he clattered over the speed bumps). took off rear arch trim, and bent the fixings that are welded into the wing 90°...

i came out in slippers and pjs, had a gammy foot at the time, and he had parked up 100yds up the road, and came towards me.

sorry sorry blah blah, heres the number of the owner of the lorry, and reg details (stupid me should have checked it out for myself, but could barely walk, so i took his name/number etc on trust).

saw his manifest as Expert/Export Logistics - he scribbled down export... he buggered off, i called insurance, and vehicle check came up blank. mobile number worked, but bloke on other end didnt know what i was talking about "what van???"

Expert/Export Logisitics said they didnt have a vehicle with that reg.

CCTV came up blank. police cant do jack without a reg number, even tho i saw the manifest, all they had to do was make enquiries with delivery company to find out who was delivering in that area.

moral of story: ignore twat next time, go take down plate number and call insurance comp before letting said twat drive off. (Phillip Green my arse).

i reckon bloke was sub contracted to deliver goods, but wasnt insured in anyway and was getting paid cash. :spank:

may be worth a tryn though to get your no claims re-instated?

thats what the £174.01p cheque is for. i pay that, i get slate wiped clean, even tho ive paid £200 excess towards the repair.

will investigate further to see if i can get that money back somehow.

is that all? how come? are you an MP or something?

nah, it's apparently one of the greenest engines in it's class hence the cheap tax. Bit of a pain though because when I do a bit of urban driving, the extremely sensitive carbon filters can get clogged up so I need to take it for a blast to burn them, off. Usually a quick drive up the a2 to bluewater and back does the trick, if i dont do it within a certyain amount of time, usually a week after the warning light comes on the cars computer takes over and I go into "limp home mode" and have tp go to the audi garage to get it re-set. only happened once though.

nah, it's apparently one of the greenest engines in it's class hence the cheap tax. Bit of a pain though because when I do a bit of urban driving, the extremely sensitive carbon filters can get clogged up so I need to take it for a blast to burn them, off. Usually a quick drive up the a2 to bluewater and back does the trick, if i dont do it within a certyain amount of time, usually a week after the warning light comes on the cars computer takes over and I go into "limp home mode" and have tp go to the audi garage to get it re-set. only happened once though.

is that the cheapest version 1.6? that's the one I'm getting!

my audi a3 costs £35 a year to tax :D

lol

The misus is getting a ford fiesta zetec tdci something or other through a work car scheme. The documents showed breakdown of the costs. It said £35 road fund licence. I thought 'feck me, must be so expensive cos it's diesel'. Just realised it's £35 per annum not per month!

Back