Car Hire 19.06 - 26.06

Keifer

What is going on with the car hire companies, none of them seem to have any vehicles available for that week at. We are going over to look at venues for our wedding June 2010 and cannot get a car anywhere. Does anybody know contact details of any of the small local car hire companies in the resorts? We got car hire in Sept 08, Ford Focus for 2 weeks for €280 cannot find anything at all now.

Thanks Stephen, Spotlight companies were the first places I tried but they have none available. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

dont like to say this but you have left it very very late to think about car hire, especially its only a week away, if you do find something you will pay through the nose for it.

having said that you obviously havnt looked very hard, the first company i checked for those dates have availability, doyouspain, but it will cost you £248:eek:

Be warned some companies look like they have cars available but later come back and cancel your booking saying they don't actually have any cars .

it´s a ****ing vicious circle this year:

less tourists coming -
but flights and rentalcar-prices hideously expensive

dont like to say this but you have left it very very late to think about car hire, especially its only a week away, if you do find something you will pay through the nose for it.

having said that you obviously havnt looked very hard, the first company i checked for those dates have availability, doyouspain, but it will cost you £248:eek:

Being going to Ibiza every year for last 10 years, hire a car every year and never had such problems. As Stephen said, companies have reduced the size of their fleets so no doubt people are going to experience such problems. Have used Amigo Autos who have given me a car through BK Rent a Car who suprisingly on their site have no cars available. HMMMM!!! The prices are all the exact same as doyouspain so no doubt they are using BK. Thanks for your help.

it´s a ****ing vicious circle this year:

less tourists coming -
but flights and rentalcar-prices hideously expensive

too right there...i cant believe how much more i paying this year compared to last year, i thought it was due to the unfavourable exchange rate but even taking that into consideration its hugely expensive.

For 12 days last year in august i paid £140, this year its £225, and thats the cheapest quote i could get and i booked in January, ive checked a few times since then and the prices just keeping going up.

wot no cars!?

I am really stuggling too I cannot find a car for any days next week - and we are supposed to be touringhte island. None of the spotlight hire companies have any availability and even Avis couldn't help me. Do you think they are likely to increase their fleets to meet demand.
Are the buses any good for going further afield?:oops:

what dates do you need the car from and to?

Doyouspain have cars available (as per their website) for all of next week, small budget cars anyway, but they cost around £250 for the week

Last edited by a moderator:
used travelsupermarket.com every year very very cheap and can get a car from around 125-150 pounds for the week................
6/9 seater 450 a week

I'm looking for a car in September from ibiza town and the price has just gone from £70 on most sites to over £200 for 3 days! may have to pick one up at the airport which is a bit annoying as i dont want one from the day i arrive.

Back