Cancel Plague Rave DJs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Particularly the videos I've seen from Tanzania, I'm struck by the disparity of the punters, who look wealthy and white, and the local workers, who aren't, and the likelihood that punters aren't at much risk but pose a big risk to the local community

Tanzanian president died of Covid, it got covered up and painted out as something else by local Government after he basically did a Bolsonero there. An obvious place to go lay on parties 🤔 :rolleyes:

I spent 20 years very close to Tanzania and frankly, with the healthcare facilities they have locally and general level of poverty in the region it's nothing short of exploitation to put parties on for Western punters there in a pandemic.

If you care about these places, donate some money to help those in need. You don't have to fly in for a wing-a-ding to help a local economy. Media full of "black lives matter" and throwing stones at colonial pasts. This is 100% as exploitative as anything that I saw happening in all the years I lived out there. But hey, I guess it's no worse than buying cocaine in terms of the lives it costs !!

Just lol at this thread. How many of your neighbours have you touted on?

Stick your cancel culture up your hole.
My prediction is that this thread will turn into a ghost town once the cancel crusaders are able to go to a party themselves. It’s all faux outrage.

This cause had a point early on, but a year into this is a different story. A lot more is known, people are vaccinated or have natural immunity, and there is food that needs to be put on the table.

It’s funny, I have friends that live in Quintana Roo, the locals there are glad tourism is still active and would gladly tell the moral police to f-off.

I wonder what’s going to happen once Ibiza starts having parties. Will you try to cancel this site??

My prediction is that this thread will turn into a ghost town once the cancel crusaders are able to go to a party themselves. It’s all faux outrage.

This cause had a point early on, but a year into this is a different story. A lot more is known, people are vaccinated or have natural immunity, and there is food that needs to be put on the table.

It’s funny, I have friends that live in Quintana Roo, the locals there are glad tourism is still active and would gladly tell the moral police to f-off.

I wonder what’s going to happen once Ibiza starts having parties. Will you try to cancel this site??
let me

understand...

There are two sides? Two sides to each coin... right?

And you're on... well,

Which side would you say?

As I sit, listening to my ancient triphop ballads I ponder why there are partisan personalities shall we say on either side of the given issue.

And what makes sense to me does so because it's logical - it kills, does it not?

I think what is more important than anything is life continue - be it adjusted or otherwise. I had a conversation recently with my mother who said something to the effect of she doesn't think we'll ever go back to normal. I'm not sure I'm totally concerned.

My reason for not worrying about it is I feel like some good has come from the disaster, anguish, and horror of pandemic - a chance to unite. A chance to change. Those cross my mind whether I like it or not. Is it greedy? Yes, it is. Is it self-serving? Maybe...

Is it evil? Probably not. I want good for the world and that's my real motive.

Cancel -

I think that the concern there is... a misnomer, really. Cancel culture, as it has come to be known is about the tendency toward medium congruent with liberal ideals - right?

So, is this that?

I think not. No, CoViD-19 response is separate from the conservative/liberal fight. We don't need to be partisan about coronavirus, but if we are I suspect it plays welllll into the hands of those who want closure; not immediate reopening as it were.

:)

No, because it will most likely be under conditions that are 'safe' or where the risk is acceptable, with both locals and tourists vaccinated.
So then the parties in Miami are ok since everyone has the chance to get vaccinated there? According to this thread they aren’t ok.

So then the parties in Miami are ok since everyone has the chance to get vaccinated there? According to this thread they aren’t ok.

Where is Miami with hospital admissions and deaths? Is covid no longer an issue there? It's not just about the people attending, but mass events creating a ripple of infection through the community.

Let me put it another way - if you were shagging your cousin, would you put the fact you were on social media ? It’s legal but you know people would think you’re a wrongun

Depends on the physical appearance of the cousin surely?

Maybe we should start a new thread...

"Shall I bang my fit cousin?"

A simple poll running for 5 days would suffice I say.....

Where is Miami with hospital admissions and deaths? Is covid no longer an issue there? It's not just about the people attending, but mass events creating a ripple of infection through the community.

Covid will always be an issue between people not getting vaccinated, vaccinations not being perfect, and the variants.

Hospitalizations are at unconcerning levels. and things are under control as decided locally, which is really the only opinion that counts. Nobody cares what someone has to say half way around the world tbh.

I’m also still waiting for these ripple effects because of these parties within the community. So far, a big fat nothing.

Covid will always be an issue between people not getting vaccinated, vaccinations not being perfect, and the variants.

Hospitalizations are at unconcerning levels. and things are under control as decided locally, which is really the only opinion that counts. Nobody cares what someone has to say half way around the world tbh.

I’m also still waiting for these ripple effects because of these parties within the community. So far, a big fat nothing.

WASHINGTON — New research published earlier this monthin the American Journal of Public Health argues that Florida is undercounting the number of people who died from COVID-19 by thousands of cases, casting new doubt on claims that Gov. Ron DeSantis navigated the coronavirus pandemic successfully.

Conservatives have celebrated DeSantis for his handling of the pandemic, which has killed more than 30,000 residents of the state. Critics of the combative governor, meanwhile, say that many of those deaths would have been prevented if he had listened more diligently to health experts. DeSantis resisted lockdowns, downplayed masks and has made it increasingly difficult for localities to institute public health measures of their own.

And the state could be on the cusp of a new coronavirus surge.

I am genuinely unsure if you are trolling with this post? Or possibly just fatuous?

WASHINGTON — New research published earlier this monthin the American Journal of Public Health argues that Florida is undercounting the number of people who died from COVID-19 by thousands of cases, casting new doubt on claims that Gov. Ron DeSantis navigated the coronavirus pandemic successfully.

Conservatives have celebrated DeSantis for his handling of the pandemic, which has killed more than 30,000 residents of the state. Critics of the combative governor, meanwhile, say that many of those deaths would have been prevented if he had listened more diligently to health experts. DeSantis resisted lockdowns, downplayed masks and has made it increasingly difficult for localities to institute public health measures of their own.

And the state could be on the cusp of a new coronavirus surge.
That report was disproven. Florida continues to perform consistent with the rest of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back