Cancel Plague Rave DJs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see the point of a list either. For all we know these DJ's have provided a negative test and so have the people in the attendance, which is what we're all expecting of this summer isn't it? Like you've said if they are being allowed they are only acting on the local public health advice, same as a landlord opening his pub in an area when allowed. He's not going to stay shut on the idea that he's saving lives.
They haven’t. Read the article for one party I posted in Tulum. Watch the videos of everyone without masks.

A landlord in a pub would have to follow specific guidelines if he reopened. No pre checks, tracking, hygiene or social distancing at these events

DJs are fuelling a cartel led economy, nothing to do with local health advice. Millions are dying and thousands of locals forced to work these events will also suffer.

Last edited:
I visited a Ibiza last year and felt safe at all times. Face mask in public and excellent hygiene rules and social distancing in all placed we visited.

These events with hundreds and thousands of people have been proven to be super spreader events. I don't believe anything in Ibiza last year (apart from illegal parties) could be classed as causing the same level of damage,
Size matters.. ;)

“As a DJ who normally is in Tulum around this time working, it pains me that so many Europeans and Americans are still flocking to the site with little to no regard for the implications for the local population,” an artist who requested anonymity to avoid being blacklisted “We know that poor communities are the most vulnerable to complications and death from COVID-19, and the local population of Tulum and other cities in Mexico will ultimately pay the greatest price, all for what? For a few nights of dancing and drugging?” (Mic.com)

Paradise & Kaluki promoter Nathan Yates is out there at the moment to.... although nothing to suggest he has organised / promoted anything

Waff promoting a party on instagram

He says "party starting now at roc Tulum, get yourself here we go till 1am

What a joke!

Waff promoting a party on instagram

He says "party starting now at roc Tulum, get yourself here we go till 1am

What a joke!

Seen that this morning, he really is one of the worst. this needs to be career ending.

” They are less laid back about other DJs who continue to play gigs. During the summer of 2020, several high-profile DJs, including Nina Kraviz and Dax J, played shows across Europe. They were legal, but arguably ill-advised and definitely not socially distanced. “Seeing these established DJs who have money playing big raves during a pandemic is just absolutely disgusting,” says McBriar. “It’s drawn a line between the artists who think like businessmen and strategise on how to extract as much money as possible from everything, and the people who are driven by creativity.”

“They don’t need to do this,” chips in Ferguson. “Take a year off, write an album. So many people lower down in dance music are struggling and this paints the whole industry in a bad light. It’s just that their egos need constant massaging.”

Bicep (The Independent)

‘The irony that all the people in our industry who really need work to survive right now won’t be able to work for a long time because the people who don’t need the work to survive keep working “ Midland

Are any of these DJ’s actually breaking the law or is this just a moral thing?

Some have broken the law playing private parties and warehouse parties. Others are fuelling significant COVID spikes that then spread throughout the world when people return home.

Not sure being implicit in increasing death and the longevity of the Covid virus for everyone else (where the hospitality industry suffers for longer) is just a moral thing?

Last edited:
Some have broken the law playing private parties and warehouse parties. Others are fuelling significant COVID spikes that then spread throughout the world when people return home.

Not sure being implicit in increasing death and the longevity of the Covid virus for everyone else (where the hospitality industry suffers for longer) is just a moral thing?

depends really, if they are breaking no laws and doing the correct quarantine procedures either end?

“Seeing these established DJs who have money playing big raves during a pandemic is just absolutely disgusting,” says McBriar. “It’s drawn a line between the artists who think like businessmen and strategise on how to extract as much money as possible from everything, and the people who are driven by creativity.”

Bicep (The Independent)
How much are bicep charging for their live stream laptop solitaire face off again??
(side note/devil's advocate: How many people will have house parties for the live stream just like last time? Even having 3 or 4 friends around will break covid rules)

But overall I agree of course, although if the raves are in counties where it is legal it muddys the water.

Some of the names on the list I'm not surprised in, others I'm a bit disappointed to see on there.

Some of the illegal stuff that waff etc done were a disgrace. But they were unaffected by the critism. If anything they relished in it and took advantage of the division and gained new support from the younger generation and antilockdown generation.

Last edited:
‘Are you really gonna turn a blind eye to plague rave DJs playing out right now, like you turn a blind eye to other abuses in this scene? More idiot clubbers back from Tulum really sick, yeh, sick all the way home, super spreading. Come tf on DJs Promoters Agents Managers!’ DJ Heidi Lawden

‘Any plague rave DJ that’s willingly played in front of crowds during this pandemic. Knowing *exactly* what they’re doing but going ahead and doing it anyway with no care for anyone else.

They should be remembered as the pieces of shit that they showed themselves to be.’

Johnny Proctor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back