Cancel Plague Rave DJs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should all be in this together, however a number of high profile DJs think it is acceptable to travel to Tulum to DJ at events that have proven to be super spreader events (Read below)

It tells you all you need to know about the DJs playing these events, their egos are more important than the life’s of the local people.

if we let them get away with it and business continues as normal, we are part of the problem.

I will not support any of these DJs anymore be it buying music or attending their events and I encourage others to do the same. I seriously hope all promoters also cancel these DJs. Shame on them.

Please feel free to add to this list;

Michael Bibi - Ibiza July 2020
Lee Burridge - Tulum December
Maceo Plex - Florida. December
Waff - London Warehouse 2020 and Tulum January
Richy Ahmed - London Warehouse 2020 and Tulum January
Marco Carola -Tulum January
Vintage Culture - Tulum January
Damian Lazarus - Tulum January
Audio Fly - Tulum December
Bedouin - Tulum January
Solardo - USA Various January
YokoO - Miami. January.
Ame - Miami, January
Blondish - Tulum. January
Solomun - Tulum. January
Nastia - Columbia and Ecuador, January

You can add hundreds more tbh

I think denouncing people in general is not the best idea, the world is already quite divided because of covid. Maybe it's not the best thing to do to play in party at the moment I agree. but denouncing is not a good idea either. We need to stay united

People recklessly endangering lives should go to jail imo. I know it's never cool to snitch, but it's even less cool to die.

you probably saw the news about that Catalan rave at the start of January. Incredible...

I think denouncing people in general is not the best idea, the world is already quite divided because of covid. Maybe it's not the best thing to do to play in party at the moment I agree. but denouncing is not a good idea either. We need to stay united
There are other DJs and promoters who are sticking to the rules so that we get out of this quicker,, are the DJs playing these events united with this?

It does fuel the virus no doubt...lets just say you were lucky enough to be on holiday somewhere warm...you see an event advertised with said dj's playing, let's be honest we'd all consider going. People are desperate to party. It is encouraging large numbers of people to gather...

It does fuel the virus no doubt...lets just say you were lucky enough to be on holiday somewhere warm...you see an event advertised with said dj's playing, let's be honest we'd all consider going. People are desperate to party. It is encouraging large numbers of people to gather...

I will be honest and tell you I wouldn’t, but agree others unfortunately wouldn’t think the same way,

The people DJing at these events that will attract thousands of people should be held accountable for people’s deaths. They can’t just then carry on post pandemic like nothing happened and they did their bit. This needs to be career ending and those who refused to participate in Plague Raves for the greater good (and not for their ego) should reap the benefits when this is all over.

There are other DJs and promoters who are sticking to the rules so that we get out of this quicker,, are the DJs playing these events united with this?
I agree with you , as I said , it’s not the best idea to play at parties at the moment but will making a list of those who play parties will make a difference? They are playing in country where they allow events ...

People recklessly endangering lives should go to jail imo. I know it's never cool to snitch, but it's even less cool to die.

you probably saw the news about that Catalan rave at the start of January. Incredible...

Didn’t see this one no ? saw others around Europe ( especially in France )

I agree with you , as I said , it’s not the best idea to play at parties at the moment but will making a list of those who play parties will make a difference? They are playing in country where they allow events ...

I don't see the point of a list either. For all we know these DJ's have provided a negative test and so have the people in the attendance, which is what we're all expecting of this summer isn't it? Like you've said if they are being allowed they are only acting on the local public health advice, same as a landlord opening his pub in an area when allowed. He's not going to stay shut on the idea that he's saving lives.

I don't see the point of a list either. For all we know these DJ's have provided a negative test and so have the people in the attendance, which is what we're all expecting of this summer isn't it?

:lol: You must of missed the London warehouse illegals after the anti mask march

M. Carola for instance whole summer has played on private parties in different locations.

tulum really is the worst for the last few weeks. there is a short clip of solomun playing and when he notices he's being filmed, he instantly motions to the punter to turn it off. those guys know exactly it's not right what they're doing. and someone like solomun? come on, he's not gonna starve without gigs :/ It's a very disappointing and disillusioning time to see some of my favoruite djs turning out to be utter dicks.

The cartels allow the events, all about money. If the DJs didn’t play, they wouldn’t have the events.

What would your solution be? Business as usual for people who have seriously pushed the timeline back for everyone else because of their own egos?

I will be honest and tell you I wouldn’t, but agree others unfortunately wouldn’t think the same way,

The people DJing at these events that will attract thousands of people should be held accountable for people’s deaths. They can’t just then carry on post pandemic like nothing happened and they did their bit. This needs to be career ending and those who refused to participate in Plague Raves for the greater good (and not for their ego) should reap the benefits when this is all over.

Out of curiosity, were you ok with the few events held in Ibiza last summer with 'seated raving' and limited capacity outdoor events? Or is it just the (apparently) clandestine and uncontrolled nature of these more recent events?

Out of curiosity, were you ok with the few events held in Ibiza last summer with 'seated raving' and limited capacity outdoor events? Or is it just the (apparently) clandestine and uncontrolled nature of these more recent events?

I visited a Ibiza last year and felt safe at all times. Face mask in public and excellent hygiene rules and social distancing in all placed we visited.

These events with hundreds and thousands of people have been proven to be super spreader events. I don't believe anything in Ibiza last year (apart from illegal parties) could be classed as causing the same level of damage,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back