Cancel Plague Rave DJs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk

We should all be in this together, however a number of high profile DJs think it is acceptable to travel to Tulum to DJ at events that have proven to be super spreader events (Read below)

It tells you all you need to know about the DJs playing these events, their egos are more important than the life’s of the local people.

if we let them get away with it and business continues as normal, we are part of the problem.

I will not support any of these DJs anymore be it buying music or attending their events and I encourage others to do the same. I seriously hope all promoters also cancel these DJs. Shame on them.

Please feel free to add to this list;

Green Velvet - USA
Gerd Janson - Greece
Denis Sulta - Egypt
Dixon - Tunisia
Charlottte De Witte - Various inc Italy
Amelie Lens - Various inc Italy
Tale of Us - Various inc Italy/Tulum
Nina Kraviz - Various inc Italy/ Greece
Michael Bibi - Various inc Italy/Ibiza/Tulum
Lee Burridge - Various inc Tulum
Maceo Plex - Florida.
Waff - London Warehouse and Tulum
Richy Ahmed - London Warehouse and Tulum
Marco Carola -Various, inc Tulum and Miami
Vintage Culture - Tulum
Damian Lazarus - Tulum
Audio Fly - Tulum
Bedouin - Tulum
Solardo - USA Various
YokoO - Miami
Ame - Tulum and Miami
Blondish - Tulum
Solomun - Tulum and Miami
Nastia - Columbia and Ecuador
Maga - Mexico, Brazil, Miami
Oliver Koletzki - Tulum
Patrice Bäumel - Tulum
Øostil - Tulum
Polo & Pan - Tulum
Claptone - Tulum
Diplo - Tulum
Black Coffee - Tulum
Peggy Gou - Moscow
Nina Kraviz - Moscow
Ricardo Villalobos - Tanzania
Steve Lawler - Tulum

Last edited:
"It’s irresponsible to be out there at the moment based on how everyone is trying to do the right thing to get past this. Having a party in a pandemic, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. People are still suffering from this and we aren't out of yet. If you are really into it, you'll wait. If you are not into it and you just want to react or act out, it's going to be the very thing that makes it worse. Meaning it will take longer to come back because of it."

Carl Cox (via. @Mixmag)

none of those DJs care - in fact Waff & Richy Ahmed even attended the London anti-mask / lockdown marches in London and then played some rave in a warehouse that night during the Summer....

Jackmaster is out there to, none on his socials but I spotted him being carried on someones shoulders while Richy was playing at the weekend

"It’s irresponsible to be out there at the moment based on how everyone is trying to do the right thing to get past this. Having a party in a pandemic, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. People are still suffering from this and we aren't out of yet. If you are really into it, you'll wait. If you are not into it and you just want to react or act out, it's going to be the very thing that makes it worse. Meaning it will take longer to come back because of it."

Carl Cox (via. @Mixmag)
Yes I believe Chris liebing been saying that live long dj friends have fallen out over the fact that some djs are playing at parties during the pandemic

My mate who stays in Bali says The Martinez Brothers are going to play there. Getting mixed messages about how bad it is there.

Yeah, I think it's kind of closed to tourists at the moment, so it's either for people already there or way in the future.

Kudeta seems to be open. Its a expensive Beach Bar , very nice. But a typical tourist spot. Seems that there are people. Strange
Natives and Expats ? Maybe Indonesian people are there for holiday

If you think that not posting any videos of you playing in Tulum means you are not part of the problem - think again. If you think its OK, it really isn't. Not now. Not yet. If you are OK with this and think you know better than others, think it doesn't matter - you are the problem. You are no different to everyone else who is contributing to more people getting sick. You don't agree? that's OK too. But deep down, you know, really, that you didn't need to be there, did you?’ Bushwacka

If you think that not posting any videos of you playing in Tulum means you are not part of the problem - think again. If you think its OK, it really isn't. Not now. Not yet. If you are OK with this and think you know better than others, think it doesn't matter - you are the problem. You are no different to everyone else who is contributing to more people getting sick. You don't agree? that's OK too. But deep down, you know, really, that you didn't need to be there, did you?’ Bushwacka
Haha, I thought you were having a rant there until you signed it Bushwacka?

Some of them are also playing a very very nice beach club in Ecuador ( lost beach club ) which it’s still under the radar for many clubbers but where the party usually goes on for 24h+ ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back