Can one swim to Es Vedra?

TigerVlc said:
Be careful, cos the current might sweep you along far away and you could get too tired. Better look if there are pedaloes on the beach to reach Es Vedrà. An advice.

I was going to say the same thing ... last year i stayed in Es Cana .... from the beach you can see a similar type of "island" ... which isnt as far away but its still quite a swim ... myself and some other lads decided to swim it, ... for about half way it was easy going, but then the current picked up, and we were taken quite far off course !! .. luckily we were in a bay so we were never to far away from land, .. and we were able to climb upon some rocks by the miami apartments, but still ....there is always a danger

when i visited cala d'hort last year there appeared to be tiny inflatable boats for hire with little outboard motors on the back.

this year I will go back and see if I can hire one - this seems like a good, cheap, fun way to get to Es Vedra and visit the goats....

"Didn't Dave Morales once try it on a pedalo and almost drowned?"

Don't know about that but I did hear the talk that one year Fergie from Radio 1 allegedly swam from Bar M to Mambo to do his radio 1 set...crazy.

omg - is it really 3km ?

found it by accident on the spotlight guide:

A small, beloved beach with a fantastic view of the mysterious island of Es Vedra, which lies only several hundred meters from the shore. The beach itself is sandy to one side, more pebbly to the other, and in summer is extremely popular.

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Back