Can anyone tell me who the Female DJ was in....

copperband

Amnesia on September 19th and 22nd at La Troya. She played inside on both nights, in fact on the 19th only the inside was open with the Terrace closed. She played a long set at times on her own and at times with another DJ (Male) on the opposit end of the desk.
She played at the time of the "Foam onslaught" but she had already played that night.

Description wise I can only remember that she had shoulder length black hair and looked British (but I could be wrong on that?)
She played some really good tunes a mix of hard house and uplifting trance? I am particulary keen on one of the tracks which was played several times on the night and also in Privilage and I have heard it since at the set Carl Cox played at GodsKitchen around a month ago. Since I have no idea what it is called I figure that if I can find out who the DJ is I might track down the song title. The crazy thing is that it is probably quite a wel know "Anthem" as it was used for dramatic affect,eg when you get blasted by the Dry Ice cannon on the dance floor underneath the dancers podium. The track is both slow and bleepy interspaced with a very dirty low rift which repeats several times before going into the full "anthem/chorus" part of the tune. **Apologies to people who are reading this thinking what Random description is he talking about!!**

Any help much appreciated

No, it wasn't Magda since Magda played there on monday, the 13th of September in Cocoon @ Amnesia.

And i quite myself from the review:
the music in the main room ends in the morning and we're off to the terrace where there's still music played by a female dj called magda

:D

StevieG

You made my day mate :D

I cannot believe from that crappy description that someone got it :eek:

This really is such a memorable track for me and playing it has just filled my brain with loads of happy memories.

Many thanks :D

Just phoned round 6 independent records shops looking for this only to find out its not out until 29th November :evil: . I need this for the car now, the MP3 is not good enough especially as this has to be played very loud :D (Before anyone thinks it I'm not into driving around with loud music on with the windows down, I just spend a lot of time in the car!)

If anyone knows of anyone selling it on import I'd be grateful.

Glad to help mate, took me ages to track down too. I got it on vinyl about 2-3 months ago. If you want it on CD then it is on Adam Beyers lush Underground - Stockholm CD see:

http://217.158.65.105/search_results.php?q=Alter+ego

Failing that I beleive it is also on Subliminal Winter sessions, which you can even get in HMV. Surprised you haven't managed to get it on CD single though. Came out ages ago.

Glad it made your day though, its great when you track down a record your dieing for!!! 8)

Thanks again Steve.
Looking at the Juno site it says the CD is out of stock.
It would appear that it has now been picked up by another label for release on the 29th. Sad to say that probably means it is well on the way to mainstream chavsville :cry:

Anyway off to HMV now to buy the Subliminal Winter sessions with Rockstar MP3 playin on a burned cd on my way up there!!! Very loud!!

Back