Can anyone recommend where to go for happy house type music?

Soupdragon

Hi all, my friends and I are coming to Ibiza for the first time in September we are staying in Playa D'en Bossa- very excited! We are big big fans of Happy House (we're all aged between 30-40 and have grown up on house classics, cheesy house, vocal house etc) and would love to find clubs or party nights that have this kind of music. Is it possible? We arrive on Saturday 18th September and will be there for three nights. We're finding the process of trying to decide which party to book tickets for a bit overwhelming as we can't really tell what kind of music each venue will be playing and we definitely do not want to end up in a trance or hardcore club! Can anyone give us some tips of places to try? ANy tips really gratefully received!

Hi all, my friends and I are coming to Ibiza for the first time in September we are staying in Playa D'en Bossa- very excited! We are big big fans of Happy House (we're all aged between 30-40 and have grown up on house classics, cheesy house, vocal house etc) and would love to find clubs or party nights that have this kind of music. Is it possible? We arrive on Saturday 18th September and will be there for three nights. We're finding the process of trying to decide which party to book tickets for a bit overwhelming as we can't really tell what kind of music each venue will be playing and we definitely do not want to end up in a trance or hardcore club! Can anyone give us some tips of places to try? ANy tips really gratefully received!

I would have recommended Glitterbox at Space but that is Fridays

define "happy house" in one youtube clip so we can assist!!:)

Happy house for us is vocal house, not just beats, and also classic house type stuff. Are there also particular DJs we should look out for?

For classics and vocal house you can't go wrong with Retro at Es Paradis on Monday. It's the first season at Es Paradis but it has been at Eden and Pacha. I used to go to Retro in the uk a lot before music taste changed.

Hi benjamin6, thanks for that. Our last night will be Monday so will check that out. Could you recommend any good DJs we should look out for on the Saturday and Sunday night?

For classics and vocal house you can't go wrong with Retro at Es Paradis on Monday. It's the first season at Es Paradis but it has been at Eden and Pacha. I used to go to Retro in the uk a lot before music taste changed.
Thats a good shout, love a bit of Paul Taylor:)

if anywhere in IBZ is likely to be playing that kind of uplifting house in mid-September please spread the word. Not sure I can handle 5 hours of emotionless linear 'tech' (if that is still the rage)

admittedly it is a few years old, but like the finest wines etc

To be honest @Soupdragon, I think that you may struggle, particularly club wise. Ibiza is very forward thinking in respect of dance music and its rare there is much of "rewind" other than the odd track slipped in here and there. There are plenty of bars along the PBD "strip" that may cater for this but don't bank on it.

As mentioned above, RETRO is probably your best shout, worth a trip over to San An as there are quite a few interesting bars over there (Itaca, Plastik.....) for pre drinks, maybe even take in a sunset (Kumarhus, Budha?).

DJ Antz and Jon Sa Trinxa play eclectic selections but are more balearic than happy house.

Keep an eye on events at Ibiza Rocks House too.

Monday is gonna be your best day

I think that Retro at Es Paradis and Hed Kandi will be your best bets.

Hed Kandi at Ocean Beach has a good mix of old and new fun house beats and will be perfect warm up for the evening.

I like dj sets rooted in the past but not a blatant theme park rehash of the past which is why I'll probably swerve 88/89 and dinosaurs like Carl Cox/Sven Vath.

Hyte/Unusual Suspects sound the most promising bets for the deeper stuff imo

Back