Cameras

yido1986

Was back on the isle early september. I was determined this time to take some memories home via photos. Got some awesome pics at the beaches etc.... But was seriously confused when it came to the clubs.... Seen alot of cameras confiscated previous years, and read the threads on this spot, so kept my newly purchased digi at the apartment, like a good lad; but everywhere we went eg space, amnesia..... my mates were being searched and being allowed in with cameras. Get into Space and there's cameras all over the shop.... Hmmm, :confused:... i'm a little bit gutted to be honest that I didnt have a go... What is the score people? R we ok takin cameras in ? Please resolve the only discrepancy of the otherwise bliindin' week.

Last edited by a moderator:
A new law was passed in 2004 saying that you cant refuse someone entry into a club if someone has a camera. Something to do with medical reasons. Happy to help.

Went to Privilege last week and there were signs up saying "no cameras", but Eden and Es Paradis were allowing them. Just depends on which club I suppose.

A new law was passed in 2004 saying that you cant refuse someone entry into a club if someone has a camera. Something to do with medical reasons. Happy to help.

Sweet, well done mate. Thats got to the bottom of that one... Although I guess the next question is how does a camera help medical problems?

At Amnesia (2x last week), they had "No cameras" signs, but lots of people were taking photos and I didn't see anyone getting in trouble for this. Once I was taking a video in front of a security guard and he made me a sign to stop it (I complied), but didn't try to make me check in the camera. I wasn't searched at the entrance though, so I don't know what would happen there.

At Space (2 days ago), I didn't see any signs about "no cameras", but after about 23:30, they searched everybody entering the club and made them leave the cameras at a special desk set up for that. I came slightly earlier, wasn't searched and didn't have any trouble taking a few photos.

A new law was passed in 2004 saying that you cant refuse someone entry into a club if someone has a camera.
Something to do with medical reasons
Is taking your own water bottle into a club is permitted too, by any chance? Seems to have a more valid medical reason than a camera...

Once I was taking a video in front of a security guard and he made me a sign to stop it (I complied), but didn't try to make me check in the camera.

Yeah forgot to mention that I saw a girl tryin to take a photo of Carl Cox whilst he was playing sunset terrace, guess that isn't aloud as one of security came over and smacked it out of her hand.

Back