cameras, want to hear from people who've been in 03'

prplhz

For all that have been to Ibiza this year I would like to ask what it was like getting cameras into clubs if you tried? I know I saw some pics of Barbie at Space and such and I wanted to see if anyone had any insight on what they saw in terms of camera usage while there this year. When I was in Ibiza last year I didn't get searched once and had no problems getting cameras into the clubs, but from what I have read this year it might be a little tougher. Did they search even the girls this year? Would I have major problems getting camera in even if it is to only take pics of myself and boy? Any insight would be helpful!

Thanks

I had mine taken off me at space (2 weeks ago) and had to pay 2 euros for the privelage!!! :evil:

Privelage - didnt try, but looked just as strict

eden - cameras, guns, knives....anything goes!!! (well cameras neway ;) )

be very careful. my mate got hers taken off her in space & we argued with security for ages to get it back. Just look around before you take a pic, otherwise they'll snatch it off you. (providing you get the camera in, in the first place)

Thanks for the advice. Last year I had no problems what so ever, brought the camera in everywhere. But from what I have been hearing it seems as though they have been cracking down a little bit. We have this great digi that takes fab. pics and was hoping to bring it in but since it's a $400 camera I think I might be a little more worried. We are purchasing a few disposible ones before leaving, I would be a little less worried about losing one of those. That's what I will probably try and smuggle in...

What about mobiles with cameras???? Don't want to get that taken off me, cost me the price of a terraced house in Salford...

:lol:

MrMambo said:
Very wise purple haze.

(i take it thats what u were aiming at with the name ;) )

Good observation! ;) :D Thanks for the advice... Really looking forward to my trip this year, I can barely contain myself here at work today :lol:

At Space opening I had no problem getting the camera in, but I didn't really use it that much because I saw so many getting taken away. My friend had no problem whatsoever with the camera phone in Space. The next week at Space though, they found my camera right away and were very cranky about it. I had no problem at all with a camera in Pacha though or DC10.

I just came back couple of days ago and had no problems getting the cameras in ANYWHERE. All you have to do is put it in your pocket and NOT in your purse, because they check those.

We took camera into Space both wks, first wk I just had it tucked into my skirt, second wk my b/friend just put it in his Maharishi short pockets, never got searched on either occasion.............but then we have got angelic faces :p

I think it's just luck of the drawer whether they search you and take it off you, I always just take a new disposable into Space with me so that if they do take if off us it's not the end of the world.

Barbie said:
I think it's just luck of the drawer whether they search you and take it off you, I always just take a new disposable into Space with me so that if they do take if off us it's not the end of the world.

I think this will be our plan as it won't be a big loss if it gets taken away! All I'll do is smile pretty and I should have no problems :D

some great photos there, hopefully my misses will remember to take some photos when we go away (cos ill only forget), ill then try getting them posted up here.

my girlfriend had my camera in her purse, which was taken off her by staff at Privilege in June . But she was that "happy" - she forgot about this happening and thought it was nicked. the night before our flight home we recalled what happened but didnt have the ticket we were given to get it back - but they were quite cool and we got it back in the end. Space were really thorough on the opening sunday - they searched everyone in our group completely - must have looked dodgy i guess. Strange cos we are all so pretty. (apart from our jail tattoos)

no problems getting camera (inc a digi cam once) into Eden, they dont botehr at all......

Mate sneaked one into Cream (although we saw them frisking some ppl, but not us :))

Pacha and Privilege snuck in bottles of water unnoticed so should be no probs with cameras. El Devino no problems either

Space they frisked us tho, so def not a good idea to take one there, plus security always around in there, so you will get it taken off you

The person in the queue at Amnesia last night had a camera in his hand and had that taken off him but there were loadsa peeps taking photos whilst in the club!!! However - it was very hard to move to take a photo! There were people walking round taking pictures of you which you could buy later on tho!

prplhz said:
For all that have been to Ibiza this year I would like to ask what it was like getting cameras into clubs if you tried? I know I saw some pics of Barbie at Space and such and I wanted to see if anyone had any insight on what they saw in terms of camera usage while there this year. When I was in Ibiza last year I didn't get searched once and had no problems getting cameras into the clubs, but from what I have read this year it might be a little tougher. Did they search even the girls this year? Would I have major problems getting camera in even if it is to only take pics of myself and boy? Any insight would be helpful!

Thanks

no problems in Pin Up and Pacha (Vip). they probably don't mind if you are taking pictures of your friends

Back