Camera in Space

JPF

There was a time, back in the dark ages of year 2000 where taking photographs in Space was a big no no.

Since the rise in popularity of mobile phones, and the advance in technology equiping them with digital cameras, Space can no longer poo poo clubbers taking a snap or two in the club.

Anyone know what the stance is though on stand alone digital cameras?

Not talking about the likes you would see a pro at a football match snapping away with, but the sort that slips in your pocket.

Want to capture my experience at Space at the end of June, but dont want an over zealous security chappy waving hsi finger at me!

When I was over last August / September I went to We Love , Carl Cox and Be. Took my digital camera everytime. Didn't get searched enough to find it. Then once inside I took quite a lot of pictures and a couple of short videos without being pulled up for it.

At Be I was taking pics right in front of a security guard and he didn't say anything (wasn't deliberate, I took the pic, turned round and he was looking right at me and didn't say anything) I also spotted this happening with other folk. They're certainly not as strict as they used to be.

Glad you asked this, was also gonna ask about cameras cause I vaguely remember a girl in our group having her camera confiscated at Carl Cox @ Space last year. So as long as your discreet bringing it in, then it should be ok? Are there restrictions at any other clubs?

Are there restrictions at any other clubs?[/QUOTE]

Also interested, mainly bout Pacha ? Am off there next saturday for a meal and Defected Opening 8) Just wondered how strict it is also, as would luv to capture some memoirs :?:lol:

Thanks in advance.....

Are there restrictions at any other clubs?

Also interested, mainly bout Pacha ? Am off there next saturday for a meal and Defected Opening 8) Just wondered how strict it is also, as would luv to capture some memoirs :?:lol:

Thanks in advance.....[/QUOTE]

Never had a problem with Pacha.

Another thing is to search for space/ibiza in youtube.

Full of folk filming their mates!

Thanks in advance.....

should be fine in pacha, as long as you're not putting it in the DJ's face or anything, oh and don't point your camera anywhere near the vip either.

A friend of mine tried to take a camera into Space. He was forced to eat it & was then taken at gun point to El Divino where he was forced to endure 9 hours of funky house.

I have been taking photos and video on my mobile at space for the last 2 years and no body has minded but 2 years ago some bloke - not a bouncer - stopped me taking a pic of pete tong at pacha.
To be honest it probably was not a bad thing cos he is no looker but I did think it was ridiculous cos clubbers pay a high premium to go to these places that make massive amounts of money. They see djs play other peoples music that is mixed for them on a computer and who are paid stupid sums of money and we the paying public are not even aloud to take a pic as a souvenir!!

How about Amnesia? I plan on attending Cocoon on the 22nd and would love to have memories from the night? Any idea how strict they are? This no camera business is news to me, i was fully prepared to take a million and once pictures - Sucks! :x

Last year @ Space they took my wife's compact digital camera and confiscated it until we left. When we got it back the LCD had some scratches on it that weren't there before. We've not tried to take a proper camera into a club since, but they don't seem to be bothered about camera phones.

Back