calling technoboy.... - tune help... FOUND AUDIO SAMPLE

james

Administrator
Staff member
hi mate,

i'm not gonna get into an argument this week about whether space was good or not ;););););););););)

but i would love to know what steve lawler's last song was at the close of the terrace yesterday. not sweet dreams, but the one before it. it started off with an acid line and laid back beat and then kicked into an old rave style piano riff. great description i know ;) but i've heard him play it many times, and it is a cracker

cheers

hi james!
thanks for confide in me for this one.. but im afraid i wasnt at space this sunday :((
i dont know what song could it be, and i know the feeling when you need to know the name of a song (i use to go to the dj and bother him asking hehhe)

good luck!

hmmmm

maybe: chicken lips - he not in

(for me, one of the 'space' songs of this summer)

hi,

just listened to that, yeah i certainly know that from the terrace ;);)

but unfort. not the one i'm looking for.

for all spotters out there, the piano riff sounds like something from primal scream or happy mondays.

anyway much obliged :)

Did it have a female vocal? scream/mondays piano riff has me thinking along the boca juniors line.

it did have vocal, but i'm sure it was male. something like

you've got to......, you've got to make a stand....

it starts of just with a single acid line, then after a while a slow shuffling beat kicks in (120 bpm), then after a while this gospel like 'loaded' piano riff kicks in and the vocal soon after. i must have heard it two or three times this summer from lawler.

judging from sound, it might be old, but it could also be newly released homage to older tracks.

thanks all for the input, keep spotting :)

yeeeeesssss

found audio sample - it was pete tong's trainspotter of the week in july some time

will upload in a sec

i dont know :(

but i cant stop listening to chicken lips!!

tananana.. na.... na.....

Bassheads ...... is there anybody outthere - 91 or maybe 92 it was out .... u like .... u would love the Hardfloor remix.......

i love the acid baseline as well ... just not enough 303 mayhem these days......

what a great spot doddy

thankyou very much :D

second that about 303's :) bring them baaaaack.......

also was at space this year when lawler dropped it before morillo came on..... its a pure classic i must say .....
he also played another classic before bassheads....

its got an electric pause that jumps in and fades
then jumps into a progressive housey beat ...... its one of those
tunes that u find yourself standing still one minute and the next
your jumping like a madman (were on the space terrace remember! lol) morillo also seem to enjoy it as he was going ape shit........

So Can you help me with this one??????

Doddy said:
its got an electric pause that jumps in and fades
then jumps into a progressive housey beat ...... its one of those
tunes that u find yourself standing still one minute and the next
your jumping like a madman (were on the space terrace remember! lol) morillo also seem to enjoy it as he was going ape s***........

So Can you help me with this one??????

Total stab in the dark here but that might be Robbie Rivera's "Funk-a-tron"

Back