Calling another uk mobile in Ibiza, from my mob in Ibiza?!

techno12

Hi!

I'm with Orange and want to use my mobile in Ibiza to text other uk mobiles in Ibiza (going to make meeting up sooo much easier as I have friends who are heading out the week before I am and are staying in diff hotels...)

I assume it's simply a case of adding the +44 to the number and removing the first 0? (after getting 'international roaming' enabled before I leave)... Orange website says sending texts from Spain is 'not available' - that can't be right can it?!

cheers!

worked fine for me last week
just drop the 0 and add the +44 and you will be fine

When I was there in may it didn't require any international codes, I just called my girlfriends number (who was also in ibiza with me) from my phone book so it was just 077... etc, worked fine for me. I also called back to the uk without adding any codes, just dialled 0121... to get hold of my mom. I was well aware of the +44 international codes and was just being lazy, but it worked.

Andy,
This is not always possible on all networks; there are different agreements with operators when you roam.
Not to get too technical but for example: if you are a Vodafone UK subscriber and you choose to roam with a Vodafone partner in Spain then it may be possible due to technical Definitions/Features in their Network. This is possible because the database recognises that you are a UK subscriber and therefore routes the call to your home country i.e. +44

Best solution is to prefix all your phone numbers in your phone list with their International Codes i.e.

+44=UK
+41=Switzerland
+34=Spain

Can you tell this is my job?
:eek:

swiss taff said:
Can you tell this is my job?
:eek:

Yup
sleeping.gif

Back