calling all baldies

Having 'worn' a shaved head for years now (its easy to lather your chin and head in a balaclava stylee each morning) I cannot understand why people get so worried about 'thinning out' on top?

Is it a generation thing? when me and my mates are all out now (all early 40's) there isn't a single one with a full head of hair and it has never been an issue

it gets worse. i'm turning into my grandad. i got a free eyebrow trim with my utilitarian #1 crop at the barbers this week. i can't wait until i get the free back shave the really old guys get here - it's a continuation of the neck shave that never seems to stop.

it gets worse. i'm turning into my grandad. i got a free eyebrow trim with my utilitarian #1 crop at the barbers this week. i can't wait until i get the free back shave the really old guys get here - it's a continuation of the neck shave that never seems to stop.
I've got a smattering of gray hairs coming in on the sides and 2 in the goatee.
Nose hairs have to be trimmed on occasion
And there's one hair that keeps growing back out of my ear.
The end is nigh, I tell you :cry:
Sorry for sharing :oops:

Any of you guys considered a syrup?

One thing my dad used to say "Nay lad, I have blessed you with a good hair of hair". I used to think he was nuts, but by heck I appreciate it nowadays as I have the proverbial mishapen spud head should I ever lose my mop!

A few greys appearing in my eyebrows & sidey's though!

I worked with a bloke 20 years ago who had 3 wigs. A 'just been trimmed', a 'mid way' and a 'needs cutting' to try and look more 'natural'... the fact that it was jet black and he was pushing 60 with grey sideburns was a bit of a giveaway!

I worked with a bloke 20 years ago who had 3 wigs. A 'just been trimmed', a 'mid way' and a 'needs cutting' to try and look more 'natural'... the fact that it was jet black and he was pushing 60 with grey sideburns was a bit of a giveaway!

:lol:

It's a considered look. He was working it on every level.

The comb over is the worst look. I shaved my head for a couple of years and grew my hair back. I'm thinking of shaving again?

every time I go to the barbers he gets a comb on my eyebrows and then goes over them with a trimmer, he also attacks my ears with some flaming cotton wool!!!

most satisfying!!!

I have it very short rather than bald. The best bit about losing hair is giving yourself DIY cuts - strangely satisfying and you save money at the barbers.

I always give myself a weekly grade 2.

But it does have it's downfalls - I got married in India and on the morning of the wedding we had a power cut at the place we were staying mid head shave.

So the wedding photos show me with a VERY noticable half shaven head. :lol:

What a catch!

I have it very short rather than bald. The best bit about losing hair is giving yourself DIY cuts - strangely satisfying and you save money at the barbers.
I've been doing DIY cuts since after uni as I keep the sides and back cropped with clippers. Trimming the hair on top is pretty simple.

I was wondering... if you go with the bald look, would you use clippers or an electric razor? (assuming I would stay away from blades as I'm not a fan!)

I've been doing DIY cuts since after uni as I keep the sides and back cropped with clippers. Trimming the hair on top is pretty simple.

I was wondering... if you go with the bald look, would you use clippers or an electric razor? (assuming I would stay away from blades as I'm not a fan!)

progressing from the dessaiily to the viera?? ;)

Clippers are my preference

wet shave every morning for that all-over baldie look, must admit I should get shares in clinique nowadays!

Back