calling all baldies

Olly

No longer active
I thought it would never happen but it's getting terribly thin up there :(

which is the strongest look to rock in your opinion?

_524580_terry_nutkins150.jpg

wogannews.jpg

letchkov.jpg

Telly+Savalas+as+Lt.+Theo+Kojak+with+ubiquitous+lollipop.jpg

The rapid thinning of my hair just makes me sad :cry:

I presume the Telly Sevalas look is the way to go.

The pivotal question is when combing your hair such as to make the thinner parts look fuller stops being an acceptable hair style and starts being a combover. That's the point when you must give up.

Another 10% thinner in the front and I think I'll be there :cry:

I've always been repulsed by the "lonely island" tuft of hair in the front.

I would've preferred it to recede from the front rather than develop a 'friar tuck', the early prognostications however are not good.

I starting shaving my head at 23 out of choice (and out of realisation that my mid 90's long curly hair was no longer a good look :lol:).

Now as my friends barnets go thinner and thinner, there are those are trying to prolong the inevitable with some weird results and those who bite the bullet and shave it off.

I tend to find those who just shave the ****er off look much better.

Bald is good. Once you take the plunge you won't go back.

(unless you have a misshapen potato type bonce - which is unfortunate, but there is always the hat option if you feel too Merrick)

I think telly savalas has it nailed - but constantly having to get a grade 0 each week or so would be a pain

glasses definitely

goatee too? or would you look like a bouncer at a hells angel convention?

I think telly savalas has it nailed - but constantly having to get a grade 0 each week or so would be a pain

glasses definitely

goatee too? or would you look like a bouncer at a hells angel convention?
I've already got the goatee, so I'm halfway there for that look :lol:
(aside from the obvious rarity of a black Hell's Angel :lol:)

@ MARKB - that potato head thing is exactly what worries me :confused:

the only solution is the telly or at least ultra ultra short

the one thing i can't get used to about going bald, is i forget that i'm going bald when i slag someones crap hairdo off, to get put right back in my place everytime :lol:

the only solution is the telly or at least ultra ultra short

the one thing i can't get used to about going bald, is i forget that i'm going bald when i slag someones crap hairdo off, to get put right back in my place everytime :lol:

:D

Remember Phil: It's better to have no hair than sh it hair.

Always said if it were to happen to me I would keep it clipped at no1/no2, that said I know its not going to happen thanks to genes! my old boy who is in his mid sixties looks like blake carrington.......or carl fredericksen when he has his glasses on :lol: and my hair is as thick as ever, if not getting a little dusting of grey at the sides ;)

I have been suffering from androgenic alopecia for about 15 years now. I go for the "Number 1 " look, having a good going over from the missus every ten days or so. I dont think there is any real need to have it completely Chas and Dave'd.

Mates, work colleagues etc all like to remind you of your predicament. I soon remind them that I have higher levels of free testosterone thus helping me to increase my virility.

I have been suffering from androgenic alopecia for about 15 years now. I go for the "Number 1 " look, having a good going over from the missus every ten days or so. I dont think there is any real need to have it completely Chas and Dave'd.

Mates, work colleagues etc all like to remind you of your predicament. I soon remind them that I have higher levels of free testosterone thus helping me to increase my virility.

See, women love a shaven head..:lol:

My Spanish Gran has a saying

'donde hay pelo hay alegria'

where there is hair, there is happiness

(you can interpret that how you like)

My Spanish Gran has a saying

'donde hay pelo hay alegria'

where there is hair, there is happiness

(you can interpret that how you like)

With or without, it make no difference in our house and this is fresh:p

the other option of course is just to conceal your head altogether

I bought a golf-style flat cap last week and will be wearing that an awful lot from now on

the winter caps with the ear muff flaps I'm not into all nor those inca-style knitted numbers + army caps are a bit over now aren't they?

I would love to don an old 1988 pork pie hat - essential balearic kit but dunno where to get them now?

the other option of course is just to conceal your head altogether

I bought a golf-style flat cap last week and will be wearing that an awful lot from now on

the winter caps with the ear muff flaps I'm not into all nor those inca-style knitted numbers + army caps are a bit over now aren't they?

I would love to don an old 1988 pork pie hat - essential balearic kit but dunno where to get them now?

Olly,

I find that wearing a hat, particularly a cap when you are shaven can make you look like you are moribund.

Hubby is getting close to getting it shaved. He's been hanging on to his curls for the last 2 years but he's getting it cut shorter and shorter every time to prepare himself for the inevitable. I'm not sure how I feel about it as the last time he had it skinned he was about 10 so we're not sure what type of head he's grown since then :lol:

A few friends have finally taken the plunge over the last few months. One had a long straight bob which remained unchanged since the early 90's and another had the Tin Tin tuft at the front which looked pitiful. Both now look MUCH better since getting it Bic-ed.

Back