Cala de Bou

sted81

Hi there, I’m looking at properties to purchase away from San Antonio, and have looked at a couple in Cala De Bou which seems fine but I’d love to know more about the area. It seemed a little run down but I also saw that the new boardwalk has been approved and wondered if this might help drag the area up. All input welcome. Thanks in advance.

One day we are planning to retire out to Ibiza, current target year is 2032. Cala De Bou was on our radar but after stopping there this year I don’t think I would buy there. Things can change obviously.

If you want that particular side of the island what about Cala Tarida?

Speaking as one who lived in ibiza for 25 years but retired to yorkshire, I'm interested to know how you're planning to spend 365 days a year on a small island with no work to distract you?

Speaking as one who retired to Ibiza 25 years ago, I cannot recommend the move highly enough. Cala de Bou may not be the best location for property investment if you're looking for tranquillity, as it will always be an intensive tourist destination. Even the property prices don't really represent great value as they are inflated by the rental market. Having said that, the area has been getting spruced up lately and there have been some decent-quality new housing development projects in the area, set back from the seafront.

Be prepared to slow down massively in the winter, as not much happens here then, and make sure you have the right to residency via a European passport/nationality. Otherwise, you will be restricted to 90 days in 180, which is not very retiring...

I was in Yorkshire this year. It rained a lot.

I was in Yorkshire this year. It rained a lot.
True, but only outside. It doesn't rain in theatres, cinemas, concert halls, shopping malls, in the stand at football and rugby, in museums and country houses, etc etc etc, and if one wants to visit foreign parts, one can jump in the car at a moments notice and drive to Manchester!

I'm interested to know how you're planning to spend 365 days a year on a small island with no work to distract you?

If only there was an ample supply of world class cuisine, hikes, sports, swims, and music at his disposal, as well as discounted short flights to the finest cities in Spain..

If only there was an ample supply of world class cuisine, hikes, sports, swims, and music at his disposal, as well as discounted short flights to the finest cities in Spain..
All of them here in abundance, plus I have 3 airports on my doorstep with flights all over the world all year round. (Ok , the sea is a bit colder.)

When you’ve lived and worked in the West Midlands all your life, living on a sun drenched island is exactly what you need. When I say retire, we would still work we have transferable skills but it would be stress free work just to bring in a bit of cash and keep busy.

When you’ve lived and worked in the West Midlands all your life, living on a sun drenched island is exactly what you need. When I say retire, we would still work we have transferable skills but it would be stress free work just to bring in a bit of cash and keep busy.
Don’t think it’s as easy these days due to brexit etc.

Back