Cable (London)

was talking to James Baille the other day about this, he's very excited. Almost makes me wish I was a clubber again!!

Sounds great. But Olly surely you know you can't quantify the indescribable feeling that makes a club good just by looking at a website ;)

you're quite right

...but my hunch is also based on conversations I've had with one of the ressies, who told me the club have a gameplan based on attracting clued up clubbers who are tired of fabric but who don't yet want to retreat into the glorified rave boozers - at the moment, London is badly lacking a mid-sized venue to cater for that crowd and could work well with the split house/techno and disco rooms

anyway, sounds like I'm doing their PR :oops: just spreading the word.

not sure if the old Jacks.

ALSO - I read Plan B had a fire at the weekend :eek: but fortunately nobody hurt..

you're quite right

...but my hunch is also based on conversations I've had with one of the ressies, who told me the club have a gameplan based on attracting clued up clubbers who are tired of fabric but who don't yet want to retreat into the glorified rave boozers - at the moment, London is badly lacking a mid-sized venue to cater for that crowd and could work well with the split house/techno and disco rooms

anyway, sounds like I'm doing their PR :oops: just spreading the word.

not sure if the old Jacks.

ALSO - I read Plan B had a fire at the weekend :eek: but fortunately nobody hurt..

If any of you remember "Tyrant" night at the Bomb, Nottm........This should be a great addition to the London calendar!!

T-Bar re-opened last night to mixed reviews.

Two hour queue etc but it is free entry and so I don't know what people expect plus opening night too.

The one person i heard from that went said it was the nuts but they didnt mention queues etc.. T Bar always had fairly hefty queues for the popular nights tho if i remember correct due to its pour gratis entry fee

went to cable on bermondsey st last night for the opening (busy, not rammed, free bar, industry folk mainly) - basically, it's fabric meets cargo meets the glasgow arches - sound, layout is good, lineups are ace, the crowd they'll pull know the deal; One or two negatives - I felt the designers recreated fabric a bit too faithfully in places and perhaps it is a bit 'cold' - as in aircon cold and sterile cold - which will ultimately be decided by numbers - althou, whether they'll fill it each week with a quality but no-compromise music policy, god knows... Having said that, it's a very, very impressive space - candlelit and almost gothic in the bar areas, like the backdrop to those euro-adult films I used to watch on telecinco back in my exchange student days. So all I'll say is check it out. Much needed addition to the London nightscape ;)

Nice one Olly , will def be hitting this place up. Is funny , Fabric has some amazing Line ups but I dont hardly ever consider going there cos its just so packed it can be hard to have a good time

Glad to hear you liked it!

Loving the lineups they have there - esp the Ashley Beedle/Cosmo one. 8)

Looking forward to giving it a try.

I was beginning to think the fat lady had sung and London was red rover.

Back