Buying euros in uk.

MrHullMysterious

Possibly might want to buy tmrw before it drops if going on holiday soon.🤔

(Chancellor and health secretary have just resigned. Uncertainty affects rates 🤦‍♂️)

Possibly might want to buy tmrw before it drops if going on holiday soon.🤔

(Chancellor and health secretary have just resigned. Uncertainty affects rates 🤦‍♂️)
Its unlikely to change the exchange rate enough to justify the fees. Markets aren't showing any movement after hours, slight strength in gbp, nothing noteworthy

Yeah I saw its actually gone up amazingly 🤣

I noticed tesco travel money use the previous days rate - 0.02 so can delay until next day, or buy today to get yesterday's rate if its tanking.

Boris’ impending departure might actually have the opposite to usual effect of government disruption and see more confidence in the pound from the markets

Boris’ impending departure might actually have the opposite to usual effect of government disruption and see more confidence in the pound from the markets
possibly in the short term, but Brexit is going to absolutely hammer the GBP over time. Losing 100B/yr is just not sustainable.

I remember the year it was €1.45 : £1.
🥳
I also remember they year it was €1.05 : £1
🥲

Be interesting if it gets to 1.18 or even 1.20 again but unlikely as its gains on euro is due to euro being even weaker than gbp to dollar. Not strength of gbp.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220708-151953_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220708-151953_Samsung Internet.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 2
  • SmartSelect_20220708-151942_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220708-151942_Samsung Internet.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 2
Vaguely on-topic, but I had to pay the balance of my hotel this week, 741 euros. They asked me if I wanted to pay in GBP or euros...I did a bit of research and said euros. Ended up paying £638.56, but if I had opted to pay in GBP it would have been £674!

£36 saved. So if you ever get asked this question, always pay in euros...sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't know!

Vaguely on-topic, but I had to pay the balance of my hotel this week, 741 euros. They asked me if I wanted to pay in GBP or euros...I did a bit of research and said euros. Ended up paying £638.56, but if I had opted to pay in GBP it would have been £674!

£36 saved. So if you ever get asked this question, always pay in euros...sorry if this is obvious, but I didn't know!
ALWAYS - ALWAYS - ALWAYS pay in local currency. If whomever is offering you the conversion to GBP/USD/other to pay your bill it's because they are charging you a conversion fee to do it. Your credit card or bank will do this automatically for free.

Same at ATM too, always choose “without conversion”

Back