Buying an apartment

morrisregal

We are looking into buying an apartment in Ibiza this year , we know which area we want to look at and have researched as much as we can , what would be helpful is if anyone has any recommendations for who to go through i.e estate agents , brokers etc :)

anywhere in between Siesta and Cala Leyna . We are not looking at anything huge just one bedroom and a decent size terrace .

We brought one last year and the estate agent was fantastic, Bob at Ibizahouseshop a little estate agent up on the main street of Santa Eulalia. He made everything really easy for us to purchase, including helping us set up our Spanish Bank Account. The solicitor we used was also recommended by him Puri Garcia and she was fantastic too. Cheap and again does everything for you, including helping you get your NIE numbers.

We thought it would be an ordeal buying over there but it turned out to be really painfree.

Not sure whats on offer at the moment, we got a great deal on a little studio in Siesta on a fab complex.

Go and have a chat to Bob.

Not sure whats on offer at the moment, we got a great deal on a little studio in Siesta on a fab complex.
How do you like Siesta? I was just looking online at a couple houses in there and they were good value.

Are the detached houses all terraced there or one right next to the other? Or is there some space between them?

I bought my house 4 ish years ago through Bob & Udo http://www.ibizahouseshop.com/ & http://www.ibiza2010.eu (It is normal for agents to share a sale here) I would highly recommend both, As mentioned they help you with anything and everything from bank account to sorting your elec & water (Even to the point, My wife has a long term illness,They got hold to the British consul, Who talked to the main consultant at the hospital, got us an appointment THAT DAY, Then accompanied us to see him, No charge)
If there`s nothing you like on the sites, give them a call, Bob`s English, Udo is German but speaks perfect English (Amongst a few others) They will find it for you :)

Have a good one
Tim

Sorry for delay in replying

Sorry I really am pants at replying about your questions about Siesta I must check this forum more often!:oops:

I absolutely adore Santa Eulalia have been going there for over 15 years, I had a timeshare at Es Puerto, but have had to give it up as the maintenance has outpriced itself.

So for me getting a place as close as possible to Santa Eulalia was essential, hence Siesta, next best thing. We only have a tiny place as we can't be over there permanently yet, due to our business commitments in the UK, but its lovely and its ours for our weekend retreats or longer when we get the time. Maybe in time we will be able to afford to upgrade to something bigger, but for now its paid for and its our own little piece of "living the dream".

We are low down in Siesta fairly close to the river and the town of Santa Eulalia which is ideal. I think the views are beautiful higher up the hill, but personally I couldn't cope with the walking up hills all the time! Yes there are some houses and apartments close together, but it will all depend on the money you have to spend as with everything, the further up you go the better the property with some fabulous villas which will give you all the space you want.

Have a look on the google map satellite view, it allows you to get in fairly close for a good look around.

For me being close to a pretty town with good acess with public transport (as can't afford the car hire in the summer months) with good restaurants, bars and shops that wasn't club central was a must. The beaches are nice, and the Ferry can get you to others.

In the 15 years I have been going there, Santa Eulalia has always remained true to itself and I can't say enough about how much I love it there.

Can't wait to get back over.

p.s Just spoken to Bob again now, he is really very helpful you won't go wrong in using him for your house purchase.

Good Luck:)

How do you like Siesta? I was just looking online at a couple houses in there and they were good value.

Are the detached houses all terraced there or one right next to the other? Or is there some space between them?

Have stayed a few times in Siesta. Its very quiet and mature and much different to any other area I have stayed at in Ibiza. non commercial and seems to be popular with our German friends. Higher up the hill there are private villas with great views over Santa Eularia. Lower down seems to be a little more touristy with local residential apartments.

Id give it a thumbs up.

Back